One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
WIP Basher =0)
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
French 8th Marine Infantry Parachute Regiment in Afghanistan #2 wip(update 11/21/08)

Had to bash a French 8e RPIMa trooper after seeing the action footage in the news.
http://tf1.lci.fr/infos/monde/0,,39...vec-les-soldats-francais-en-afghanistan-.html
http://tf1.lci.fr/infos/monde/0,,3962793,00-afghanistan-les-circonstances-de-l-embuscade-.html

French 8e RPIMa (8th Marine Infantry Parachute Regiment)
is an Airborne regiment in the French army.

Another wip bash to add to my French Forces.:)
My small tribute to our brave allies.
Have to work on the helmet more, and make fine tuning here and there.
For now this is how it looks, changes and updates will follow...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Very nice job AMO! Thanks for making bashes dealing with modern French forces - you certainly know more about them than I do! If you ever need info regarding the French Air Force uniforms and gear for another project, just let me know. And if it can help you in your bashes, here are two threads about insignas I've posted here in the 1/1 section of the forum :

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76627
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75033

Also, thanks for this kind tribute to the guys who have recently passed away or been wounded doing their job. I'm more a support than a fighting serviceman, but I feel concerned everytime colleagues are hit.

·
WIP Basher =0)
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Mike.

Merci Fab1

Thanks SuperPask, I try to do a bit of research when I bash a fig, it helps to inspire bashing ideas.
I'll let you know when I bash French Air Force :)
Also thanks for sharing those 2 insignia threads, very useful my friend.

[email protected] thanks man

Thanks Don :)

Fixing up the FAMAS, used a 30 round mag instead of the old 25 round one, added Eotech and front TAC/Grip.
I just need to add a TAC/Lite and the rifle will be finish.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Your 1/6 FAMAS is very well made. I didn't know it could be possible to add a front grip. The one I use when I train for shooting or on other drills or parade is just the basic one, with the 25-round magasine. Is it possible to move the bipod on your model FAMAS, if you want to put a fig in lying position for instance?

·
WIP Basher =0)
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks SuperPask the 1/6 Famas is from BBI BRUNO and the bipod can be adjusted for the prone firing position.
From French ref pics and videos of Para and SF type units, I have noted a few customized rifles with Tac/Grips, various types of scopes and Tac/lites used when out in the field.
The 30 round magazine or STANAG magazine was standardized by NATO in October of 1980, Shortly after NATO's acceptance of the 5.56x45mm NATO rifle cartridge, Standardization Agreement (STANAG) 4179 was authorized in order to allow the military services of member nations to easily share rifle ammunition and magazines during operations, at the individual soldier level, in the interest of easing logistical concerns.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks for the info AMO! Yes you're right the 30-round magazine is due to STANAG regulation (even English courses I teach refer to STANAG!). This 1/6 replica is very well detailed. I can even notice the 1-shot/safety/rafale selector (firing selector, in front of the trigger lever). Is there the rafale selector (3 rounds/0/unlimited) under the stock, between the magazine slot and the butt?

It's funny, it reminds me of my time at the NCO school eleven years ago. I don't know how many times I had to disassemble and re-assemble this gun! Indeed I am left-handed and to modify the FAMAS for a lefty, you have to disassemble it in order to change extractor and ejector positions. I had to do that each time I was given a FAMAS for a drill or a parade! :rolling

Keep up the good job, looking forward to seeing how your WIPs go :D

·
WIP Basher =0)
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
There is a slot for the selector, but the selector itself is missing on the 1/6 BBI FAMAS.

#18 shows the selector switch

You can see the switch on the Ultimate Soldier 1/6 version.

ZACCA and Armoury made 1/6 FAMAS rifles too, sadly I don't have those to compare.

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
That is a very nice french trooper that you have kit-bashed.. Really good job :thumb

Always so happy to see european forces being kit-bashed... :)

·
WIP Basher =0)
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
newbie thanks

Thanks azazel, most parts are from:
BBI Bruno Modern French Airborne box set
BBI chest rig from Prowler
custom radio pouch w/Armoury German radio from the carded set.
Unknown back pack
TUS goggles
DML netting with camo scrim
BBI Knee pads from Gunslinger
BBI Prowler canteen/cover
BBI Eotech Scope
Hot Toys Tac/lite
BBI Tac/grip

Thanks 75th Ranger

·
Average Guy
2,324 Posts
It does look pretty good. There is nothing about it that 'pops' out to me, but the figure just seems to work really well. Great job. Are you planning to add the French shield patch they were on the left arm and an ISAF patch? As complete as he looks now I am curious to see what more you will do to finish him. Great showing.

·
WIP Basher =0)
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Tatuued1 thanks man

Thanks BrotherMatthew, all my works are wips since I tend to add and upgrade my works as time goes by. With all the wips that I have, I have to spread my time and money around to cover the range of different bashes that I work on. Plus, its a learning tool for me so I can see how things progress.
Also, I often add another member to the bash project.:wink

Another ref pic and video:

http://www.defense.gouv.fr/ema/layout/set/popup/content/view/full/137998

Small update, tac/lite added to the rifle.

And helmet work for the second fig bash, goggles will have dust cover on it later on.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts