One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
Here is my latest figure i just finished working on, Franc LeGuerre, French Foreign Legion, Algeria 1907. Since i never managed to find the SS version i decided to make my own, just a simple figure but hope u will like him. The foreign legion has always stirred up thoughts and dreams of action and adventure in the deserts of north africa and im really happy to have made him.
Thanks and enjoy!
-mike-

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tatuued1 and thanks!! Really glad you enjoyed him, had so much fun working on him.

Hi Leo and thanks man!!
Yea havent bashed anything in a while but i have Franc here and coming up next will be Sir Nigel Hawkins, hope u will like him too.
Here is a parts breakdown for Franc:

Boots: nlm
Pants: White BGT
Undershirt: white BGT
Coat: SS French ww1 dyed Navy Blue
Belt and Equip harness: dml (black) modified harness
Leather Ammo pouches x3: Dml repainted black
Canteen:SS ww1 french
Haversack: SS ww1 french
Rifle and Epee Bayonet: SS ww1 french
Backpack: SS Added faux bedroll (white) and straps for BGT cooking pot
Kepi Blanc: BGT CW hat with scratch made white cover
HS: dml Frank
Body: Neo3
Hands: TT

Thanks so much guys!!

·
Da revolution is here!
1,979 Posts
Awsome Mike! Excellent HS choice there! Cannot wait to see Nigel next! BTW, did you make the base youself? It really adds to the presenation on this one. Again, fantastic job!

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Lucas and thanks so much, really glad you enjoyed him!! Really enjoyed making him.

Hi Shaun and thanks very much!! Initially wasnt too sure of which hs i wanted to use for him but in the end i thought 'Frank' would be a fine choice, glad you liked him as well as the hs, for me, is one of the most important parts of my bashes. The base Shaun is really just a simple lazy susan that i recovered in cloth and added the sand for the desert, love how it looks and glad you enjoyed it as well. Picture frames laid flat make great bases as well. Cant wait till u see Sir Nigel, he should be done pretty soon. Thanks Shaun, really glad you liked Franc as well as the base!!

Thanks so much guys!!
-mike-

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Jaime and thank you my friend!! Really glad you enjoyed him thanks so much. You know i was nearly gonna use the SS hands but then swapped at the last minute. The TT hands are larger than dml or ss hands its true, so ill just swap them out as i have plenty of hands in my parts box.I wont use them for my next bash as i have SS hands already set aside for him. Hope u will like him too.
Thanks Jaime!!

Hi Stall Stuff and thanks so much man!! THis is a figure ive always had in mind to bash one of these days and im so glad you enjoyed him also. I went back and forth on the hs's but am glad you liked my final choice, i love that grizzled look of Frank and thought it would be great to use him here. Thanks so much!!

Thanks very much guys!!
-mike-

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi IrishJoe and thanks very much! It is a great sculpt i agree and have been wanting to use it in a bash for some time. When i started working on this figure i changed out my original sculpt for him and think he looks great as Legionaire. Thanks and glad you enjoyed him too!!
-mike-

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Really well done bash and your photography always lends a 1:1 feel to the presentation.

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Keith and thanks so much! Really glad you enjoyed the figure as well as the pics, really appreciate the kind comments. Had so much fun working on this figure and so glad you liked him too.
Thanks Keith!!
-mike-

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi CC and thanks so much!! When u have the time id love to see u make one also, this is one of my all time dream figures so id love to see more Legionaires like him. Thanks so much for the comments, really appreciate it CC and glad you really enjoyed him!!

Hi Uramegak and thanks so much once again for the wonderful comments, really glad you enjoyed him!!

Hi Gary and thanks so very much!! Really glad you enjoyed the figure and pics, i really had a blast making him! Appreciate the great comments, am really happy you liked him.

Thanks so much guys, really glad you're enjoying him.
-mike-

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
This is very very nice and wonderful photo shots too.. If you don't mind, i planned to save the pictures and email to my old former comrades still in service, i m sure they will be thrilled with this pice of work on a historical figure.

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bonjour Newbie and merci beaucoup!! Thanks very much for the kind words and praise for my Legionaire figure, really appreciate it very much! I really enjoyed working on him.
I am honored and humbled that you wish to save the pictures and share them with your former comrades, hopefully they will enjoy the figure also. I really enjoy historical figures and i have always been fascinated with the Legion so a am happy you enjoyed my figure, and am proud to have him as part of my collection.
Thank you!
-mike-

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.