One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Kit-Bash Krazy!
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I *KNOW* there is a thread that PD started, but I can't see it (part of the problem) to reply to.

It's happening again, two completely different versions of the Forum depending on which ISP you're connected to. For example, via my phone or work ISP I can't even see the review I posted yesterday, the thread simply doesn't exist.

I know not everyone will even see this post. It is like there is some kind of invisible wall dividing some of us, so for the ones that can see this - congratulations, you're on my side of the wall!

This is making me very sad, it's happened several times to OSW in such a short space of time :(

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sounds like the same issue I reported here:

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/3159282-post12.html

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/3159332-post13.html

There are still posts that don't show up, even though I have email evidence that they were made.

It's very strange responding to a post that's invisible to yourself, yet not knowing who can or cannot see it! :loony

I started getting email notifications for threads which had stopped sending them. Then the posts themselves disappeared instead. Now I'm seeing new posts in them but no longer getting any email notifications!

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
I had not been as ill-effected as some folks in the previous incarnations of this problem, but this time around, it's a goat rope. I have threads appearing and disappearing randomly.

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
Just to let all of you know, the mods here only have so much power to fix these types of issues..more often then not we have to refer them to a higher power...

We are aware of these issues and hopefully they will get resolved...the biggest problem is the owner of this forum is MIA at the best of times......leaving us little guys to try and fix things...:bag

·
Kit-Bash Krazy!
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to let all of you know, the mods here only have so much power to fix these types of issues..more often then not we have to refer them to a higher power...

We are aware of these issues and hopefully they will get resolved...the biggest problem is the owner of this forum is MIA at the best of times......leaving us little guys to try and fix things...:bag
I appreciate what you and all of the other mods are doing trying to fix it, being a 'web admin' myself, I know how frustrating these things can be. I do hope its get resolved and hopefully something (a patch perhaps? new web host?) can be done to stop it occuring again as it's having a real impact.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
The problems (last week?) apparently originated with malware attached to third party advertising, which I believe is linked to us from upstream, in the whole "empire". I believe there's been internet attacks as well, in the KC area our cable and internet have been dicey (not sure if the recent weather affected it as well).
I'll contact our super high speed cyber defense team (c'mon, stop laughing), and given them what info we've got.
Meanwhile, do some bashing, play with the kids, pet the dog(s) or cat(s), and maybe watch that DVD you usually don't have time for.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,972 Posts
The problems (last week?) apparently originated with malware attached to third party advertising, which I believe is linked to us from upstream, in the whole "empire". I believe there's been internet attacks as well, in the KC area our cable and internet have been dicey (not sure if the recent weather affected it as well).
I'll contact our super high speed cyber defense team (c'mon, stop laughing), and given them what info we've got.
Meanwhile, do some bashing, play with the kids, pet the dog(s) or cat(s), and maybe watch thatDVD you usually don't have time for.
--

Fine.

I'll be heading to my offsite storage facility to peruse through what I accumulated. If I don't post for a couple of weeks and you read or see some news story about a guy found dead in a storage facility apparently crushed by large cases of 1:6 action figures, then you'll know it was me.

;) :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.