One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching the History channel the other day and realized how we as a nation have forgotten our war heros. With that realization, I really came to admire my neighbours to the South. For those of you who may be interested the name of the program was "A Hero's Hero" on the history channel.

The program I was watching was about an amazing pilot by the name of William Barker whom had 50 kills under his belt, and COUNTLESS medals. His WW1 heroics made him admired by his peers. Historians of today say that in a head to head dogfight with the Red Barron, Barker was a sure win. It's lucky for the Barron, that he and Barker never found themselves sharing the same airspace.

http://www.410wing.cyberus.ca/barkerbio.html

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Your heroes are no more forgotten than your cousins to the south, but as long as folks like us here keep them in mind all the time, their achievements and sacrifices will never be lost. Part of the attraction of this hobby, for me at any rate, is the memory and tribute we pay by creating, sharing various snapshots of soldiers and other public service type personnel ( LE, Firemen, etc..) throughout history.

Certainly not general populace wide unfortunately, but they are not forgotten in the least by the few who do appreciate them.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Yes it seems that while The Canadians are warriors their leaders prefer not to recognize them. For that matter won't let any other government recognize them for their valor either.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Like the others have said, these guys aren't ever forgotten. There may be no day for them, or chapters in history books at our schools, but they are known by people who pass that on to others. You've done so yourself just by posting this. What they did counted, and would so even if no one remembered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.