One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was going through the tub-o-figures I've had for years, and got a wild hair to try and finish these. But I forgot how to do this stuff. One of the guy's I'm finally finishing is the SS 75th Ranger. The carrier is too big and loose. Anybody know a trick to tightening it?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Looks good to me? Where is it too loose?

Edit: if you mean around the waist, often times there is a Velcro section near his stomach that you can lift. Then there are smaller Velcros in there that you can adjust.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good to me? Where is it too loose?

Edit: if you mean around the waist, often times there is a Velcro section near his stomach that you can lift. Then there are smaller Velcros in there that you can adjust.
His arms are kind of holding it in, but there was almost 1/2" of excess. I found that that one has little buckles and straps you can draw in though, but it's a bit difficult. There's a ton of little draw strings and stuff they modeled on that one. Which I guess is cool, but... I've always felt it would be better to skip that and just make it as thin as possible. therwise they get way too bulky looking.

·
Registered
232 Posts
You see the front section where there are three mag pouches? I wonder if that bit can be lifted, or anything can be done underneath it. Have a look.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Normally the SDS BAE RBAV that the vest is model on has a cumberband on the inside. Not sure if SS negated to add it or not since I don't have that figure or any loose parts from it. If the vest is too loose I fill it in by wrapping gauze around the body underneath the uniform. It doesn't affect the articulation and the pinch points are hidden by the gear.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,081 Posts
I have multiple vests. Probably about 8 of these for my team. I'll try and explain this as best I can because I can't add pics at the moment. Tech issues. I have had to figure this out because some of the bodies I am using are smaller and larger than the standard Soldier Story bodies. So adjustment is necessary to fit each body used.

So, as FlyingMan81 and The Great Shaggy have said, there is a cummerbund on the vest. Lift the front panel up and you can pull the two velcro straps open, and reposition them tighter together. If it's still not tight enough, lift the same flap at the back and access the buckles and straps. You might need to take the vest off to adjust it better. You can tighten up the straps at the back which will pull the front velcro straps apart, around to the back. You'll need to do it equally for both left side and right side of the cummerbund adjustment straps at the back. Cover it all up, then see where the front cummerbund velcro patches line up. If it's still loose tighten up the back straps again.

Ignore the rope. It's the detail for the quick release on the real 1:1 vest, and isn't part of any adjustment detail. Just tuck the loose ends inside the vest when you're done adjusting.

The body you're using looks like a Soldier Story body, one of the Marines that released around the same time, or at least the head, so it shouldn't need a lot of adjustment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts