One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here you go LG2
This is a work in progress: Sorry for the sorry pics my camera is so old it has less than 1 megapixel.:)
Ingrediants:

Body- DID (Moustache home made)
Hands-Dragon
Shoes, rifle, backpack, ammo pouches-SST
Pants & jacket - BGT
Vest-SOTW
Sash & puttees-home made(bias tape)
Chechia-Ttwisting Toys
Belt-Dragon
This is a French Zouave around 1914 just before they changed to uniforms that were less of a target.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Weeellll, alright! That's what I'm talkin' about, right there!

Great looking fig. We don't see too many of the early war French in their opera suits. This one is tops.

What a time that was. Old school colliding with new technologies and ideas. You've nailed the look of the lost romance of war that lured so many young men looking for glory and adventure. They learned all too soon that it was nothing like that.

Thanks so much for playing, my friend. Hope to see this guy at the next EBT.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Well, lookie what ya done gone and did now, LG, ya gone and inspired the masses ;)

Seriously though, Valkyrie6, your pictures are great and your figure superb.
A lot of guys here are very into the WW1 scene, and I myself still like the zouave uniform that carried into usage in the ACW as well. Well done.

·
Registered
254 Posts
man im digging these civil war figures. if i didnt have my money tied up in other projects id like to do some. hes probaly a cocky new york fireman. quick to get into fight and eager not to engage in battle?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
a little history

Thanks for the kind comments.
Toylion, here is a little history that I got from Wikapedia. BTW I got the idea for this one from a color plate that was in an issue of Militoys magazine.:clap

The four Zouave regiments of the French Army wore their traditional colorful dress during the early months of the First World War. The development of the machine gun, rapid fire artillery and improved small arms obliged them to adopt a plain khaki uniform from 1915 on. From 1927 to 1939 the "oriental dress" of red fez ("chechia"), blue sash, braided blue jackets with waistcoats and voluminous red trousers was reintroduced as off-duty dress for re-enlisted NCOs and other long service regulars in the Zouave regiments. It was also worn by colour guards and other detachments on ceremonial occasions. White trousers of the same style had earlier been worn as an item of hot weather dress. The four regiments were distinguished by the colours (red, blue, white and yellow) of the "tombeaus" or false pockets on the front of their open fronted jackets
The Zouaves played a major role in the 1914-18 War with their numbers being expanded to nine regiments de marche. These units retained much of their traditional panache, especially in the attack. during World War I. They were however less conspicuous in World War II, seeing service mainly during the opening stages of the War (1940) and in the course of the liberation of France (1944).

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Very nice indeed!

My first camera had 5 megapixels and my stuff never looked as good as yours does. Older cameras are sometimes better as they are well built and designed to last as nobody was sure how well things would take off. Some cameras you get these days are awful and are designed that way so you will always want the next best model when that comes out.

I used to think that my photos were bad, then I adjusted the light metering and saw them on a newer PC and realised that it was the crap PC and not the fault of the camera.

Keep up the good work

CHEERS!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thanks for the kind comments.
Toylion, here is a little history that I got from Wikapedia. BTW I got the idea for this one from a color plate that was in an issue of Militoys magazine.:clap

The four Zouave regiments of the French Army wore their traditional colorful dress during the early months of the First World War. The development of the machine gun, rapid fire artillery and improved small arms obliged them to adopt a plain khaki uniform from 1915 on. From 1927 to 1939 the "oriental dress" of red fez ("chechia"), blue sash, braided blue jackets with waistcoats and voluminous red trousers was reintroduced as off-duty dress for re-enlisted NCOs and other long service regulars in the Zouave regiments. It was also worn by colour guards and other detachments on ceremonial occasions. White trousers of the same style had earlier been worn as an item of hot weather dress. The four regiments were distinguished by the colours (red, blue, white and yellow) of the "tombeaus" or false pockets on the front of their open fronted jackets
The Zouaves played a major role in the 1914-18 War with their numbers being expanded to nine regiments de marche. These units retained much of their traditional panache, especially in the attack. during World War I. They were however less conspicuous in World War II, seeing service mainly during the opening stages of the War (1940) and in the course of the liberation of France (1944).
oh ok didnt know there were zouaves in ww1. very interesting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.