One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1/6 Hobbyist
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I say pushing the boundaries as I wanted to set myself the task of 3D designing two droids that would fold. There were designed in Tinkercad and printed in SLS.

The rationale, I guess, behind that is that they would fold for storage in terms of saving space. Indeed whether that be for when not in use or when being transported. A wall attachment would also serve as a charging point.

Folding Utilitarian All Purpose Droid

Thanks for looking.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
So you designed these on a program then printed and painted them?! That's really impressive and a lot of work!! Great design too, follows on from the Battle Droids being transported in the same/similar way.

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Painting and weathering are brilliant!
Very high quality work!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I'd love this guy even if he didn't fold up--way kewl...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
This is absolutely outstanding and exactly where I imagine the future is heading.

Maybe you can draw some ideas from 1000 Toys' upcoming Robox Basic figure.

·
1/6 Hobbyist
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saw the original prototype way back as I collect 1000Toys. I did certainly kind of inspire me, together with the Star Wars battle droid.

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
These are pretty cool. You're detailing and weathering look awesome on both this and the dog. Nice job.
I agree. Great concept, great execution. I would totally buy one of these and I don't even collect sci-fi or droids.

622 Posts
Great!!! brilliant work, also paint job is brilliant!

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
I love your droids, and am keen to see what you make next as they just get better and better! I would love to see an unfolding sentry gun bot, like a sort of four legged spider droid crossed with the aliens sentry gun that could be worn as a backpack then it unfolds into a walking anti infantry gun. That would be awesome! In my mind it would resemble a scarab beetle before opening (but since I lack 3d design skills I cannot translate it into a model but I hope you understand my description)

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Where can I find your 3d models for printing?
So you're basically asking the artist where you can steal all his hard work and don't even say please or thank you while doing it...amazing...

·
1/6 Hobbyist
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you shovelchop81, that is what I was thinking!! Especially as some of my more complex model do take days to complete!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts