One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I chose to build the Command area of the ACM Iowa II ( The original ACM Iowa was blown up.) as a C.I.C., buried in the ship, rather than a bridge up on top. There doesn't seem to be a need for direct external visibility and plenty of reason to be armored.

These shots are for mocking up sizes shapes and placement of various features. There won't be a Captain's chair though, I feel a different vibe is needed here. More as I progress.
Wood Creative arts Art Comfort Leisure
Wood Window Creative arts Flooring Floor
Furniture Window Wood Automotive exterior Automotive design
Window Table Wood Interior design Picture frame
Table Furniture Wood Flooring Chair

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Re: Foam core mock up begins: ACM Iowa II C.I.C.

Exciting, impressive. There is already a sense of focused determination even as he sits there in the skeleton design ahead of the actual build.

·
Registered
950 Posts

You've definitely inspired me with a few projects I want to try once the weather improves and becomes more garage work shop friendly. Your initial framework looks very ambitious. I'm looking forward to watching it develop.

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

your off to great start
Ambitious project. Looking forward to seeing how this comes together.
Exciting, impressive. There is already a sense of focused determination even as he sits there in the skeleton design ahead of the actual build.
Thanks! Like so many of my WIPs , I go with the flow of inspiration, then wait to see what hits me.

I vaguely remember the foundering of the original vessel. May the new one have better luck! Promising beginnings.
You remember correctly! Much caution is being used with the new version.

You've definitely inspired me with a few projects I want to try once the weather improves and becomes more garage work shop friendly. Your initial framework looks very ambitious. I'm looking forward to watching it develop.
I appreciate that! I hope you come up with some great ideas! I can't wait to see your work!

wow..a man with a plan !
love it !
Foam core drives me nuts, but I can mock up ideas pretty quick and see how it feels. I like where it's headed so far.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts

Is this from Star Trek? Whatever the source, looks like it's shaping up to be quite a build!

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Foam core mock up begins: ACM Iowa II C.I.C. ( New Pictures added 02/02

Is this from Star Trek? Whatever the source, looks like it's shaping up to be quite a build!
That's a great question, thanks for asking!
I noticed last night that I had a heavy Star Trek vibe going on in the pictures. The Mrs. Asked as well.
Hard to tell that I was heading somewhere different, so here is a mock-up, mock-up to give an idea of the differences.
There is no Captain's Throne. Captain Vilsidian leads from the tactical display , shown here with the first and second officers.
Other consoles will be added, depending on the amount of room available.
Four crewman handle Helm, Navigation, Communications and Weapon from the console grouping has inspired by The Roger Young . ( Starship Troopers. )
Hope you like the concept!
Furniture Table White Comfort Leisure
Trousers Automotive design Naval architecture Comfort Jacket
Table Wood Leisure Hardwood Event
World Naval architecture Leisure Tree Font
Wood Naval architecture Table Leisure Flooring
World Leisure Flooring Wood Urban design

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Looks like you are continuing to follow the tenet "Go big, or go home....but only for more beer and material..". As said, your starting design is pretty captivating.

Now where will the elephant go?

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like you are continuing to follow the tenet "Go big, or go home....but only for more beer and material..". As said, your starting design is pretty captivating.

Now where will the elephant go?
Oh, man!
Just being that close to the cutting board could get me banned from the living room! Gonna have to ditch that picture.
All hail the ceramic elephant!

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Man, I'm reeled in and want to see where this one takes you.

It's going to be massive.

I like the elephant, too.

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man, I'm reeled in and want to see where this one takes you.

It's going to be massive.

I like the elephant, too.
I like the progress. But I do want to know if that monolithic elephant statue will be part of the command deck's final look. It would be unusual (and therefore original) for the genre. :)
Unfortunately, as cool as he is, the elephant is not part of the 1:6 environment.
It's a ceramic planter we use to hold our remotes.
It was a Valentine's Day present several years ago, something the Mrs. looked at the previous summer but thought it was too pricey.
I snuck back and bought him ( her? ) and stashed it until V-day.
Like many of the things in our home, I'm technically not allowed to touch it. Certainly not allowed to be this close to it while crafting props.
The original photos have been deleted, but the darn internet will hold the evidence for ever!:lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts