One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
delusional
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
My latest 3d design project is a FN Five-seven. The Five-seven is very hard to find in the 1:6 market, so I'm making one. It will come in 5 components. It will have a spring loaded slide, removable magazine, and a movable hammer. Once I'm finished debugging it, I'll make all of the components available from Shapeways.

I have debugged and finalized my FN Five-seven. It comes in four parts. You will have to lightly sand to remove any print imperfections. Please make sure not to remove details and be careful to keep surfaces square.
Please lightly sand all mating surfaces. I cut up a small paper clip to use as take down pins. I cut down a spring from an Easy & Simple rifle. I also used 3 in 1 oil to lubricate and to clean the surfaces after sanding.

Lower:
1:6 scale FN Five-seven lower (ZAVBJX6NQ) by delusional

Slide:
1:6 scale FN Five-seven slide (VQQVC66E7) by delusional

Barrel and Hammer:
1:6 scale FN Five-seven barrel and hammer (PKGLNWSRA) by delusional

Magazine:
1:6 scale FN Five-seven magazine (W2AUGPWJG) by delusional

Enjoy,

Mark aka delusional

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Re: FN Five-seven by delusional designs W.I.P.

Good to see weakness in the marketplace dealt with in an efficient workaround. Kudos to you, sir.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts

Looks great Mark. I know there were people looking for those for pouch stuffers so magazine availability should be a welcome surprise.

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts

This looks great Mark! Loving the fact that you are now able to make it functional ... with a spring-loaded slide, no less! I, for one am looking forward to seeing this once printed. Are you considering also giving her a laser and silencer for the full Splinter Cell package?

·
delusional
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks everyone. Yes Turkeyshot, I just might make a laser and silencer for it.

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts

I was lucky enough to snag a pair of the Five-seven pistols that were parted out loose from the "Fringe" Olivia Dunham action figures, but I'd love some more. This sounds like it might fit the bill!

David

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts

I was just reading about the new High Definition Acrylate material that Shapeways is now offering. The results look amazing and far superior to both Frosted Ultra Detail and Frosted Extreme Detail. The quality now appears to be approaching injection moulding quality. Have you used this material yet?

·
delusional
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Yes I have used the High Definition Acrylate material. I've already printed several models and it is outstanding. The detail is amazing, plus it's a lot more like abs plastic. I wish it came in other colors, but black is O.K. It has only been available for sale to regular customers recently. I'll be showing some of my other completed work soon. Can you say H&K USP Match?
I'm going thru the debug process right now with the Five-seven. It's difficult to make the compromises to get it to pass for the High Definition Acrylate material.

·
delusional
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I ordered the first beta version from Shapeways yesterday. When I have it assembled I'll post picks and let everyone know when it will be available for purchase.

Mark

·
delusional
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My FN Five-seven is now finished. I haven't finished completely cleaning it up or painting it, but it still looks fantastic. Please see first post.

L8r,

Mark aka delusional

·
Registered
903 Posts
super, I am very interested because it is the weapon I use very often as Belgian military and it was missing to perfect a new Belgian soldier figurine , inform me when it will be finished

C.V

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Amazing results Mark - very sharp detail and design.

·
delusional
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow! Thanks for the great feed back. Like I said earlier, it is final. You can find laser and suppressor add on for it on the web.

delusional

1 - 20 of 23 Posts