One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, anyone else with Flickr feel free to post their Flickr account.

I recently (yesterday) uploaded all my collection photos to Flickr. I'm currently in the process of organizing, tagging, and describing them. The most recent 1/6 bashes I have done are all tagged and described now.

You can see my main Flickr profile here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dedguy/
And specifically my collection photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dedguy/collections/72157604495211368/

Please excuse some of my earlier photos. Some of the ones from 2003-2004 are terrible.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because Flickr is REALLY GOOD and I use it for all my things. The organizational features and their upload client make all the difference. I can also integrate Flickr with my website and use it to post photos on other forums.

·
Registered
231 Posts
dedguy,

how'd you keep the SS hands on the HT body swap. did you xacto-blade it at the arms and glue it on the HT bodies?? I put my SS darth maul on a (cheaper)barrak sargeant body. although joints are a little loose( but ok) it can just about hold any 'darth maul' pose you put it to. You gave me a better idea for the boots, thanks. ;) I'm just not comfortable 'dissecting' my anakin yet since it's hard to find one now out there. it was very hard pulling out the head on the SS body.

·
Registered
231 Posts
...forgot 1 more thing. how did you put the bbi head on the ace body?
i got to the point of pulling apart the neck joint. does the T thing at the bottom come out and is it ball jointed like HT, bbi, etc.? btw...cool flickr site!

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dedguy,

how'd you keep the SS hands on the HT body swap. did you xacto-blade it at the arms and glue it on the HT bodies?? I put my SS darth maul on a (cheaper)barrak sargeant body. although joints are a little loose( but ok) it can just about hold any 'darth maul' pose you put it to. You gave me a better idea for the boots, thanks. ;) I'm just not comfortable 'dissecting' my anakin yet since it's hard to find one now out there. it was very hard pulling out the head on the SS body.
For the Sideshow hands on HT bodies I just drilled out the holes in the Sideshow hands to accommodate the slightly larger Hot toys wrist pegs. This works better on gloves than on bare hands but it should work okay on bare hands too.

Anakin... still does not have the Sideshow arm though. I keep planning on buying some rare earth magnets to do it but just never get around to it. He just has a normal gloved hand on the one arm.

When pulling off the Sideshow heads it helps GREATLY to use a blow driver to heat them up before trying to pull them off. Also, with a Hot Toys neck connector you're going to have to glue it to a Sideshow head. I use Gorilla Glue.

...forgot 1 more thing. how did you put the bbi head on the ace body?
i got to the point of pulling apart the neck joint. does the T thing at the bottom come out and is it ball jointed like HT, bbi, etc.? btw...cool flickr site!
The ACE body has the same ball joint at the base of the neck as HT/BBI. The ACE neck though it just much harder to pull off. I actually took my whole ACE body apart to figure this out because it was so hard to pull off and seemed to be screwed on or something. In the end I put it back together in order to have enough to grip in order to pull the neck off.

·
Registered
231 Posts
thanks, dedguy! i'm planning to replace anakin's SS body too soon. he just looks stiffer than Dengar when posed in a duel stance w/ my kitbashed darthmaul.:) and that darn robot arm just keeps falling off.hahaha. i might wait for that new SS body to come out though and just paint one arm black and give him gloves. it's covered w/ his sleeves anyway. thanks again for the tips!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts