One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
curtain twitch er
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
i don't know if its historically correct but i would of imagined that some were present. once again thanks for looking.

best wishes
ian.

·
BBi Fanboy
2,210 Posts
Fallschirmjager were indeed present for the defense of Berlin. 9.FJD was posted to the Oder defenses, and eventually the remnants of the division took up positions inside the city. Elements of the 9.FJD also participated in the breakout to the west from Berlin.
There's a photo taken after the Germans had surrendered Berlin, showing a dead FJ lying in the street with a FG42 nearby. I think it can be found in the book Berlin; Then and Now, but I'm not sure.

·
curtain twitch er
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fallschirmjager were indeed present for the defense of Berlin. 9.FJD was posted to the Oder defenses, and eventually the remnants of the division took up positions inside the city. Elements of the 9.FJD also participated in the breakout to the west from Berlin.
There's a photo taken after the Germans had surrendered Berlin, showing a dead FJ lying in the street with a FG42 nearby. I think it can be found in the book Berlin; Then and Now, but I'm not sure.
thank you for the history. i wasn't sure if fj's were at the last battles.....the figure was more of a bash than a representation of a history piece. thanks sarg.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.