One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am looking to buy my first 1:6 TBLeague figure and hoping to receive some feedback to make the right choice.

Looking for something that resembles the "girl next door", suntan and medium bust size. Goal is to do a lot of photography with it, so ability to get different sets of clothes easily is a must as well. I've come up with the below candidates and read through all the reviews. Since most of these releases have been out for quite some time, perhaps the initial feedback has changed now that people have had a chance to own them.

Below is my list, and have added some concerns, I hope the forum community can provide feedback. Perhaps the initial concerns are not as big of a deal as when initially reviewed.

S23B - Muscled (not sure if that would fit my girl next door requirement, looks a bit too muscled)
S25B - Teen / slightly smaller in length (I like this one and would be a good candidate. But concerned about fitting a head sculpt though I believe some wrote she has the normal connector).
S29B - Voluptuous (Maybe a little too voluptuous, afraid fitting clothes may be difficult)
S35A - Slimmer girl (This is my second candidate but bit put off by the initial reviews which focused on the feet being rather difficult)

So I guess flip flopping between S25B and S35A but bit concerned with the initial findings for both.

Look forward to hearing from anyone that has them in their collection.

· Registered
1,028 Posts
Looks like they are the 'suntan' variety. Best you settle for a head sculpt first, before the body. There are a very wide range of 'suntan' heads. Take your time to search!!! Personal tastes are very unique.

· Registered
234 Posts
Yes like Martian said find a head you like first. Be mindful that phicen bodies can be a bit large and some 3rd party clothes don't fit well (especially the skin tight ones). Also consider seamless feet or detachable feet. I like seamless feet more but it limits what shoes you can get considerably. So think about what footwear you want as well. Hope that helps!

· Registered
5,802 Posts
My advice to you for your first TBLeague figure, unless you are fundamentally opposed to ever buying a full completed figure, or unless you think it would be a pure waste of money, would be to make your first figure one of their complete characters. That way you can get yourself completely comfortable with how TBLs look, feel, pose, adjust, light and photograph -- none of which are totally straightforward -- while avoiding initially all of those complications of matching up head and body and gear etc., which you can then step up to address with a second figure fully customized to your liking. You would have more fun that way and also probably a better experience.

Seeing you're in Canada (fellow Canadian) you've got two terrific options, Toy Square in Toronto and Urban Samurai in Vancouver, where you could just walk in and buy any range of TBLs off the shelf (or you could, once Lockdown lifts). I've bought TBLs from both and both are excellent.

· Registered
824 Posts
All of my girls are back ground pieces for my WW2 dioramas,so the standard 6 foot tall 44 DD's just didn't look proper,so I bought a shorter medium bust gal and she looks much better,plus barbie and dragon clothe fit much better.
The blonde is the shorter pale version and the redhead is the standard tan.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My advice to you for your first TBLeague figure, unless you are fundamentally opposed to ever buying a full completed figure, or unless you think it would be a pure waste of money, would be to make your first figure one of their complete characters. That way you can get yourself completely comfortable with how TBLs look, feel, pose, adjust, light and photograph -- none of which are totally straightforward -- while avoiding initially all of those complications of matching up head and body and gear etc., which you can then step up to address with a second figure fully customized to your liking. You would have more fun that way and also probably a better experience.

Seeing you're in Canada (fellow Canadian) you've got two terrific options, Toy Square in Toronto and Urban Samurai in Vancouver, where you could just walk in and buy any range of TBLs off the shelf (or you could, once Lockdown lifts). I've bought TBLs from both and both are excellent.
Thanks! I live in Toronto so once our lockdown is finished, going to visit. Like you wrote, it would be great to actually see example up close before buying. Buying a complete figure is fine, it would avoid a lot of headaches.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All of my girls are back ground pieces for my WW2 dioramas,so the standard 6 foot tall 44 DD's just didn't look proper,so I bought a shorter medium bust gal and she looks much better,plus barbie and dragon clothe fit much better.
The blonde is the shorter pale version and the redhead is the standard tan.
Those look great. I was watching the show "Churchill's Secret Agents" on Netflix about 2 weeks ago, and clothing looks just spot on. Btw in terms of WW2 memorabilia, we have a house in Poland in a town called Tuszyma, which was on the edge of where was a large SS training camp (Heidelager). You would like it there I think, there's the remains of V1 and V2 launch sites in the forest. Managed to get a V2 control valve left over from a test launch around 1944. For years my in-laws used a Wehrmacht fuel tank to collect water.

· Registered
5,802 Posts
Thanks! I live in Toronto so once our lockdown is finished, going to visit. Like you wrote, it would be great to actually see example up close before buying. Buying a complete figure is fine, it would avoid a lot of headaches.
Hey! so a fellow Torontonian, too. Then Toy Square is local to you (web site Toy Square > Shop Online ) and here is a video of their store somebody posted on Youtube a few years ago Toy Square (Awesome 1/6th Collectible Store located in Canada) - YouTube. I have no connection to the store but they treat me very nicely. Lots of displayed 1/6 figures in the windows plus many IKEA style cases, so well worth a visit even just to look. Also in a mall with one of the best food courts in Canada for Chinese food, so if you are into that, an added benefit. COVID Lockdown puts an actual visit on hold for the moment but if you identify something on the website, I believe they will do curbside in the parking lot. They seem to have some of the bodies you mention, in stock (Note website prices are calculated in US $ tho).

Returning to the main subject, for your first TBL figure, I think doing a test photoshoot with one of their pre-completed figures will be the most fun. Trust me, it will be your "first" TBL, not "only." It sounds as if you're probably more into "girl next door" than warriors and goddesses etc, but even so there should be some packaged figure you will enjoy. You can always strip out the gear later, but even then, keep the advantage of a head & body pre-match, which spares you the biggest headache. And (I say this cautiously) TBLs seem to have felt so far a bit less of the COVID-19 price bump that is more pronounced with HT and DAM.

· 1:6 Acquisitionist
13,360 Posts
Am looking to buy my first 1:6 TBLeague figure and hoping to receive some feedback to make the right choice.

Looking for something that resembles the "girl next door", suntan and medium bust size. Goal is to do a lot of photography with it, so ability to get different sets of clothes easily is a must as well. I've come up with the below candidates and read through all the reviews. Since most of these releases have been out for quite some time, perhaps the initial feedback has changed now that people have had a chance to own them.

Below is my list, and have added some concerns, I hope the forum community can provide feedback. Perhaps the initial concerns are not as big of a deal as when initially reviewed.

S23B - Muscled (not sure if that would fit my girl next door requirement, looks a bit too muscled)
S25B - Teen / slightly smaller in length (I like this one and would be a good candidate. But concerned about fitting a head sculpt though I believe some wrote she has the normal connector).
S29B - Voluptuous (Maybe a little too voluptuous, afraid fitting clothes may be difficult)
S35A - Slimmer girl (This is my second candidate but bit put off by the initial reviews which focused on the feet being rather difficult)

So I guess flip flopping between S25B and S35A but bit concerned with the initial findings for both.

Look forward to hearing from anyone that has them in their collection.
--

You're going to take this the wrong way, but I post this with absolute seriousness based observations of other collectors and personal experience.

To use a quote by Al from DEADWOOD . . .

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.