One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
THE BUTCHER (OSW Stuff:)
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year to all. :)

Here is presenting to you my first bash for 2008.

After getting PMC ver.2007, i felt the HS would be perfect for a Navy Seal operating in Mekong river during the Vietnam War.

Please pardon me if it is inaccurate. Trying out some weathering technique which i'm very weak at!

Comments would be great to improve my weathering or in any other areas.

Thanks for looking!

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
I like him a lot. Great weathering and I like the HS, but not too sure about the accuracy of the beard. I would imagine it would also itch like hell in the hot and humid atmosphere of the Delta.

·
1:6 puppy
985 Posts
generally SEALs did'nt tend to get that hairy(although beards were allowed in the navy at the time...and some spec ops troopers did tend to 'go native' out in the bush,far from command).but the uniform and weathering details are first rate...dead on in fact.he looks like kurt russel to me.again...very good bash.

·
CUSTOM USER TITLE
1,323 Posts
That looks fantastic.
I would say though that he's been bush for a while. Spec Ops tend not to shave their beards while on patrol due to the opposing force being able to smell the western scents not common to them.
It is said they could smell toothpaste, shaving cream, smokes, etc from miles away, not to mention open cooked foods.

First rate job on this one, although very early in the year this has to be one of my favourites. The skin tone is so realistic and the body used is fantastic.

Any chance of a parts run down? Is that a HT head?

Austeyr

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Happy New Year KMok15!!!:jawdrop :jawdrop WOW!!!! I like this seal.Great looking bash!!! :thumb :thumb :thumb

·
I'm kind of a big deal
358 Posts
F***ing sweet!!!!!!! I would so buy that if it was a set. Only thing u should change is lose the dogtags. SEALs didn't wear any indentification.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hiya KMok15!

Great lookin' figure! Excellent weathering... I'd say you've got the technique down!

Happy New Year!

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Great looking bash and I don't think your weathering is weak at all. :thumb

·
Registered
886 Posts
KMok15,

Very very nice figure. . . but overloaded with webbing/equipment... I'd suggest that you remove the buttpack otherwise he'd be drowned in muddy swamp of Mekong Delta without lifesaver.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts