One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my hands on an early release of the new 12" marvel legends Deadpool figure including Headpool,

Enjoy

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For some reason, I thought they would abandon the whole 12 inch line. Glad they are sticking to it.
With the fact most of them ended up on sale and clearance I had some concern of that myself, however if anything can breath some life into the line its the popularity of DP, hope we see Wolverine and Punisher in the line up next.

Here's a few photos

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
With the fact most of them ended up on sale and clearance I had some concern of that myself, however if anything can breath some life into the line its the popularity of DP, hope we see Wolverine and Punisher in the line up next.
I too was doubly happy to see your very good review and photos, given the fear this line was dead. Working from the concept that they're focusing on Comics style versions but based on Movie appeal, you're absolutely right that Wolverine and Punisher seems the best logical prospects after maybe Thor. Deadpool confirms they'll source from Fox as well as MCU. Maybe Ant-Man as they are well placed to include smaller figures of him. And I'd kill for Dr Strange in this style.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I too was doubly happy to see your very good review and photos, given the fear this line was dead. Working from the concept that they're focusing on Comics style versions but based on Movie appeal, you're absolutely right that Wolverine and Punisher seems the best logical prospects after maybe Thor. Deadpool confirms they'll source from Fox as well as MCU. Maybe Ant-Man as they are well placed to include smaller figures of him. And I'd kill for Dr Strange in this style.
Yup Thor is also a good choice, Hulk would be pretty sick but I'm sure that would cause problems cost wise, maybe if the line really takes off they could make him when his stand alone movie hits. Antman would also appeal to 6" collectors to as he does do his Giant size thing. If they do make Wolverine I would like it to be based on there last version of him, Brown and Yellow Runt size Classic Wolverine

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Yup Thor is also a good choice, Hulk would be pretty sick but I'm sure that would cause problems cost wise, maybe if the line really takes off they could make him when his stand alone movie hits. Antman would also appeal to 6" collectors to as he does do his Giant size thing. If they do make Wolverine I would like it to be based on there last version of him, Brown and Yellow Runt size Classic Wolverine.
I agree that version of Wolverine wd be great plus it would emphasize they're doing full on Comics style versions. Also Hasbro hasn't been afraid of doing women at 6" so either Black Widow or Scarlet Witch Comics-style would be great.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have been waiting for this one to come out! Where did you pick him up? I have always loved the icons line for the price point and the custom potentials!
I agree a Thor would be a great addition, as well as the brown suited Wolverine, and A Thing or an updated Dr.Doom would be great as well. Come to think of it,adding a few more bad guy's to the line wouldn't hurt, there is always a lack of them in this format.
I have been trying to track down a nightcrawler but they seem to be hard to come by for a decent price.
Looking forward to more!

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
I have been waiting for this one to come out! Where did you pick him up? I have always loved the icons line for the price point and the custom potentials!
I agree a Thor would be a great addition, as well as the brown suited Wolverine, and A Thing or an updated Dr.Doom would be great as well. Come to think of it,adding a few more bad guy's to the line wouldn't hurt, there is always a lack of them in this format.
I have been trying to track down a nightcrawler but they seem to be hard to come by for a decent price.
Looking forward to more!
Thing or Doom (or the Surfer) are pretty unlikely. Marvel virtually shut down anything FF related, allegedly to pressure Fox to give the characters back to the MCU movies. At 6" Hasbro hasn't done anything FF related since a Dr Doom from back in 2013. They made their last 21 series, so 137 regular characters and 21 BAFs, plus some one-offs, without doing anything FF (except Black Panther who is in CA: Civil War and isn't considered specifically an FF character).

It will be a great day if the 12" line expands to villains (which Hasbro 6" does a lot), but if character choices reflect movie popularity, it comes up against the fact that arguably one the few failings of the MCU movies is to develop independently appealing villains -- except Loki of course. And Magneto on the Fox side.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looking forward to more!
I got it on EBAY, should be hitting most retailers within a month, sucks their is no Pre-orders available yet. Well what ever they end up making next I'm paying attention, looks like a fun and affordable line to collect.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
I got it on EBAY, should be hitting most retailers within a month, sucks their is no Pre-orders available yet. Well what ever they end up making next I'm paying attention, looks like a fun and affordable line to collect.
Let's hope that everything is ok there. No pre-Orders out there for something that's supposed to be on store shelves within a month is somewhat odd. If it turns out that maybe you scored an early runaway of a potentially cancelled figure, you may regret having opened it up for review purposes -- but if that should turn out to be the case, even more thanks to you for the review.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Thanks for the review! Some of the accessories like Headpool and the burrito are much more detailed or well-painted than I expected them to be. And those sci-fi guns could look great with a repaint. If only the bodies didn't have the clothing folds sculpting in, they'd be awesome super articulated muscle body bucks. Ironically, adding that kind of detail was probably considered a positive trait afforded by the larger scale.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Let's hope that everything is ok there. No pre-Orders out there for something that's supposed to be on store shelves within a month is somewhat odd. If it turns out that maybe you scored an early runaway of a potentially cancelled figure, you may regret having opened it up for review purposes -- but if that should turn out to be the case, even more thanks to you for the review.
That would be crazy, he would jump up in value so much:drool

However I don't expect that to be the case, Deadpool sells and they know it, this will be everywhere in a month or so!!

Thanks for the review! Some of the accessories like Headpool and the burrito are much more detailed or well-painted than I expected them to be. And those sci-fi guns could look great with a repaint. If only the bodies didn't have the clothing folds sculpting in, they'd be awesome super articulated muscle body bucks. Ironically, adding that kind of detail was probably considered a positive trait afforded by the larger scale.
Glad to do it, its a fun part of the hobby and also helps people make informed decisions on a purchase. As for using it as a Buck body I don't think it would do well, there are so many to chose from in 1/6 now plus the feet aren't removable, you could get the Spidey from the line and dress it up using the parker head and that would work, but I think the feet would still be a problem as they are still large.

This is the only pic I have of it as I never unboxed that one

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Thanks. I actually got spidey during the last BBTS sale and he looks to be using the same body as Deadpool. Same clothing folds in the same place. And you're right about the feet, though they would not be too hard to replace.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks. I actually got spidey during the last BBTS sale and he looks to be using the same body as Deadpool. Same clothing folds in the same place. And you're right about the feet, though they would not be too hard to replace.
Me too, got him for 25 dollars on the black Friday sale, it does share parts but there are differences as the body has sculpted lines for the suit too and the boots of course.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Me too, got him for 25 dollars on the black Friday sale, it does share parts but there are differences as the body has sculpted lines for the suit too and the boots of course.
Hold on, same body as Spiderman, who's made very short because he's a teenager? I hope Deadpool is at least as tall as Hasbro Cap and Shellhead, who could themselves have used an extra 1/2". I'm kind of confused because in the pics he looks ok with Marvel Icons Wolverine and Hulk but then he's dramatically smaller than the HT Deadpool?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hold on, same body as Spiderman, who's made very short because he's a teenager? I hope Deadpool is at least as tall as Hasbro Cap and Shellhead, who could themselves have used an extra 1/2". I'm kind of confused because in the pics he looks ok with Marvel Icons Wolverine and Hulk but then he's dramatically smaller than the HT Deadpool?
Mostly the same, but not totally, chest and feet are different but the rest looks the same aside from the head of course, I think they should have used a little bigger of a body myself, I don't have ironman or Cap to compare him to and my Spider-Man is still sealed. I think it may be a little undersized of a body as the large looking head suggests...

·
Registered
445 Posts
This 1:6 Hasbro line is 100% dead, every retailer got burned on the first wave, even the collector sites. The product wasn't that great andMom isn't dropping $50 for a figure these days. That said, I think this Deapool was far along enough in production that it'll see some sort of retail release, possibly as a store exclusive - TRU is dumb enough to take it.

I hope the upside of this line failing is that Hasbro will now loosen up their chokehold on comic-faithful versions of Marvel characters in 1:6 - they have no market for it, and we can do away with garbage like the SS interpretations and get on to the real deal.

PS: is it just me or is his melon crazy big?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
This 1:6 Hasbro line is 100% dead, every retailer got burned on the first wave, even the collector sites. The product wasn't that great andMom isn't dropping $50 for a figure these days. That said, I think this Deapool was far along enough in production that it'll see some sort of retail release, possibly as a store exclusive - TRU is dumb enough to take it.

I hope the upside of this line failing is that Hasbro will now loosen up their chokehold on comic-faithful versions of Marvel characters in 1:6 - they have no market for it, and we can do away with garbage like the SS interpretations and get on to the real deal.

PS: is it just me or is his melon crazy big?
If TRU takes it, you can be sure there is a bag full of a crapload of marketing dollars that accompanies the product. You don't so much sell them product as buy space in their stores. The product looks decent enough, I'm guessing it just hits an awkward price point where it is more expensive than the typical toy offerings and not detailed enough to command sufficient interest of collectors plumping their dollars on the higher end lines.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts