One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
girly-girl tomboy
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first attempt at scratch building a firearm. I decided to do a Krag. Why? Mainly for the challenge. I usually just jump in feet first with trying something new rather than take baby steps (and usually, I bite off more than I can chew) I know the Sgt Schultz figure came with one, but I wanted to try my hand at it. For a first attempt, I think it came out rather well. The big problem I had was with the bolt. It is HUGE! I had trouble making it small enough to fit with the scale of the gun...I'm still working on getting it right. I'm also working on making the sling. So, <takes a deep breath...> here it is!

This is what I started off with...it was an 'un-named' gun that I stripped all the 'parts' off of:

The muzzle:

and the rest of it:

I used Magic Sculpt for almost everything but the stock.
The 'original' barrel was cut off, and then a new one was attached- I used the plastic tubing that comes with cans of compressed air.
The trigger and trigger guard were 18gauge wire hammered flat.(I cut the trigger and guard off the base gun, as it wasn't placed where I needed it to be)
It was painted with enamels, and sealed with a clear enamel. (It turned out shinier than intended, I have to buy a different brand of clear flat (matte) enamel)
Thanks for looking!

·
The rest will flow
333 Posts
I'm beginning to think that the peeps on this board lie about their first times... they're all damn amazing, this one included. :thumb

·
girly-girl tomboy
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you! I appreciate everyone taking the time to post.
I will definitely post more pictures when it is as finished as I can stand it to be ;) Although, the artist in me is never completely satisfied with the 'end' product...guess that's what fuels the obsession...um, the compulsion...no, wait, the motivation...to keep going with more projects :knock :thumb

·
girly-girl tomboy
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One of the big problems that I had/have with it is getting the bolt to line up with the barrel- it sits lower than the barrel. the way it is now, the bullet would never fire. I have to rework that part of it, and 'close' over the top of the chamber.
All part of the learning process... :p

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
Very cool! My Grandfather used one of those in the Phillippines way back when and apparently thought very highly of it.

·
girly-girl tomboy
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks! I had a lot of fun doing it. It's been a while (and a few major moves) since I posted this, and I forgot about it (until you posted!:thumb) Have to go dig it out from storage!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.