One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my version of FIREFLY........ Questions,Comments and constructive critisism:nanana welcome.

Attachments

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Chest plate is a custom.... An idea borrowed from one of " Multi Mike's bashes.. Multi because he's multi tallented AKA Sir Eaton Flipflop." If you look closely you can see its the Storm troopers breast plate.. I'd like to take credit for it but it was made by a very good friend of mine. He added the rivets and gun metal paint.

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
Wow, he looks great! I really like the use of Stormtrooper armor for his chest plate. Did you have trouble applying the paint? I have found that paint occasionally peels off of the vinyl armor.

edit - I see that your friend applied the paint - nevermind!

Can we get a parts breakdown for this piece? Is that a Triad Toys wetsuit?

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah. It was primed and airbrushed. But I still handle it with latex cloves as not to leave thumb prints on it.. He did a great Job on it I was really Pleased. As for Parts.
Body by ACE.
HotToy Head Sculpt.
Triad Neoprene suit.
Dr.figures Gloves (Thanks Anti-personel)
Balacava (Echo Base toys) not sure of manufacturer)
NVG. Hot Toys (Thanks RWC)
P-90 Hot Toys (Thanks Doc)
P-90 mag Holder is actually a MP5/7 mag holder(Thanks RWC)
Shot Gun Hot Toys.
Arm band Shot gun Shell holder BBI/Dragon(?)
M9 and Holster Hot toys
Repelling Harness BBI (Bones I think)
Knee Pad HotToys
Spyderco Knife is from a Cy Girl fig.
Bootcovers Takara Fem Fig.
computer and carry bag Hot toys (Devgru. Thanks RWC)

Firefly is not in the movie but I thought this what he should look like if he was. I tried to keep all the things associated with Firefly.The P-90 and Chest plate were the most important pieces. I've been puting on and taking things off for weeks.. Trying to keep him from looking like another splinter Cell fig. I finally decided less was more. I removed the throat mic, com set and boot knife. Looked really cool lol,lol but not stealth or tactical... I'm working on a variant right now. It's closer to the Hasbro version. He wore shorts so I'm using the HotToys 05' PMC body and muscular legs

G

·
Nice Ive seen this work before, Looks like the Armor is mounted on a Black Velcro BBI Armor. I love the Setup and the Custom Sling rope. Gun Shell holder is BBI.

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice Ive seen this work before, Looks like the Armor is mounted on a Black Velcro BBI Armor. I love the Setup and the Custom Sling rope. Gun Shell holder is BBI.
You're right. It fit best. Tried to get it as close to form fitting as possible. I forgot to mention. I got the rope from Michaels Crafts store. I wanted to use one of those HotToy metal loop deals but could find one without buying an entire SWAT figure. Maybe I'll find one Loose at WOH and add it later.

Thanks Guys for your Kind words.. Much appreciated...Oh and Migo Thank you for my very first " You Suck "...I feel like I've accomplished something here perhaps after 2 1/2 years I've finally arrived....LOL,LOL...

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Wow, I think he looks great. I was thinking Serenity when I read the name of the post.

Love what your friend did with the TK armor. I did something like that on my TK420. Yours looks better.

I've been pulling parts for a RAH Rock N' Roll.

·
Brazuca Operator
747 Posts
Congratulations, incredilbe job!!! Very beautiful and harmonic combination of pieces. What is this thing that he is holding on left hand?

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, I think he looks great. I was thinking Serenity when I read the name of the post.

Love what your friend did with the TK armor. I did something like that on my TK420. Yours looks better.

I've been pulling parts for a RAH Rock N' Roll.
That would be Supa Cool man! Make that Happen !!! Gatlin Gun and all...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts