One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you have seen, I make a lot of figures. This is the only female figure I have ever made. I made it as a gift for my youngest daughter. It was years ago and she saw me building male figures and telling her the stories behind them. She asks, can’t girls be heroes and go on adventures? This was over 10 years ago.

I have watched (with bewilderment) the evolution of female figure modeling over a the last 10 years. I am no saint, but would any dad give one of these modern female figures to their daughter as a way to say girls can do cool stuff in this 1/6 hobby world? Not trying to over generalize, there are some cool, mostly female military figures out there but man, some of the stuff is just, IMHO, weird. Sorry, rant over back to the figure.

Started as a Viet Cong female fighter. The concept came from the propane canister that came with some head sculpt I bought. Can’t remember where I got the fire fighter parts. The shot gun and the flame thrower are hand made. This was a part of my kill the zombies phase. She is “hot” but in a different kind of way.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
As you have seen, I make a lot of figures. This is the only female figure I have ever made. I made it as a gift for my youngest daughter. It was years ago and she saw me building male figures and telling her the stories behind them. She asks, can’t girls be heroes and go on adventures? This was over 10 years ago.

I have watched (with bewilderment) the evolution of female figure modeling over a the last 10 years. I am no saint, but would any dad give one of these modern female figures to their daughter as a way to say girls can do cool stuff in this 1/6 hobby world? Not trying to over generalize, there are some cool, mostly female military figures out there but man, some of the stuff is just, IMHO, weird. Sorry, rant over back to the figure.

Started as a Viet Cong female fighter. The concept came from the propane canister that came with some head sculpt I bought. Can’t remember where I got the fire fighter parts. The shot gun and the flame thrower are hand made. This was a part of my kill the zombies phase. She is “hot” but in a different kind of way.

I can appreciate were your "rant above" is coming from. as a child, I had an assortment of Original GI Joe's equipment for reenacting my dad and his friends/ fellow crewmember stories from His 21 years in the Air Force. What Id give to have my original GI Joe Nurse now (for a "normal" female Body) Any how, I got back into it with my son as he grew up through that phase. I still have his things for him and his kids. These last few years, I got back into kit bashing for my future grand kids, so to speak. There are now "sets" to match up with the pictures from my work as a Civil Service Nurse over the years and my hobbies. Used 21st Century female EMS and Very Hot flight deck gear for this one. Had to strip and re-dye the float coat and repaint the cranie also Elete Force medic Bag

20191224_161711[1].jpg 20160404_071732.jpg from ammo lifts to med evacs 100_1535.JPG

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Joe’s, that is one of the coolest things I’ve seen. And a great story. Thank you. I am going to share that with my daughters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts