One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting Ladies and Gentlemen

So I recently bought Phicen's Red Sonja Action Figure. I was wondering how should approach cleaning her? In other words what's the best way to clean the figure without damaging the product.

Also is there anything I could avoid using to clean her to avoid doing to the figure. Aside form the obvious like exposing her to flames or leaving her outside.

Thanks for your time

The Paymaster.

·
Registered
851 Posts
If you keep it in an enclosed case, ie. display case, it should be ok. If you handle it quite a bit, it'll be good to give those areas a talcum powder coating (some people use cooking flour), so that the silicon is not sticky and gather dust and dirty on to it. Make sure your hands are clean when you handle it. Do not let the silicon body sit on dirty surfaces, or newspaper, to prevent staining. There are whole discussion treads in OSW here on stain removal techniques if you do a search.

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Handling it with clean and dry hands goes a long way to preserving it. If it does stain (pleather and dark dyed clothes are the usual culprits) you can wait it out -- the silicone often absorbs the stain and it disappears. As for keeping it clean from dust and fibers, you can always use a lint brush (the small travel sized ones may be helpful) but after that you need to apply the protective powder. That could be any of the ones you mention above, or silicone finishing powder used in make up. You could dump some on the body and rub it in with your fingers, or use a soft make up or regular brush to do it. The idea is to keep your action figure body from being sticky.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Handling it with clean and dry hands goes a long way to preserving it. If it does stain (pleather and dark dyed clothes are the usual culprits) you can wait it out -- the silicone often absorbs the stain and it disappears. As for keeping it clean from dust and fibers, you can always use a lint brush (the small travel sized ones may be helpful) but after that you need to apply the protective powder. That could be any of the ones you mention above, or silicone finishing powder used in make up. You could dump some on the body and rub it in with your fingers, or use a soft make up or regular brush to do it. The idea is to keep your action figure body from being sticky.[/QUOTE

What if I brushed cornstarch on the dusty area?

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
What if I brushed cornstarch on the dusty area?
I've never used cornstarch, so I can't tell you. It will probably not damage it. If the dust or fibers are loose enough, the act of brushing might dislodge them. But if they are stuck to the body more strongly, probably not. You can experiment. It's not going to hurt it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts