One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No...not more update on my 21C R/C humvee rebuilt this time. I'm taking a break from it to work on my female predator bash. I found my long lost predator vinyl kit few days ago. I already got few HT predators, so I'm not going to built this outdated kit. But I don't want to apart form it either. So, here I am doing a female predator bash with it. Only parts I using from the vinyl kit are what you see here. I'm chosen the BBI male body as base. Extended the lower legs with TS legs. And transplanted the BBI female body breasts. Now she looks like a female bodybuilder. Bigger then most human figures, but not as big as male predator. This is about far as I will go as this stage, till I find suitable material for her hair. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 101.2 KB Views: 696
  • 95.9 KB Views: 592
  • 112.5 KB Views: 473
  • 116 KB Views: 633
  • Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    131.4 KB Views: 843

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
Courageous undertaking friend. You seem to have it all under control. Cant wait to see this. Where would be in this hobby without the Super Bashers we see in this Group. Stand.... Take your place and be counted amongst our Elite.... Now as for the pic's above...The things a young boys nightmares are made of... Very Realistic reproduction. It looks like they're keeping that human female as some sort of pet for amusement.... She's their boo boo Kitty... LOL,LOL....

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Very nice,

Though I do hope that's not an original Billiken Predator you've chopped up! They are rarer than rare these days though you can get cheap Thai recasts on on eBay from time to time.

CHEERS!

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Cool! Looking forward to your finished product. :thumb

I'm very curious about their mating rituals? :wideyes :X

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey, thanks for all the references, guys. My problem now is the dreadlocks. Jimbobwan's female predators dreadlocks cut off from a HT predator. I don't want to go that way. I got something I'm going to try this weekend, hope it will work out.

·
Diplomacy is Overrated
796 Posts
Cool idea, Now I'm not knocking any ones bashes and I think they are all great. But... too the best of my knowledge they haven't inked an official image of a female predator. I've read all the novels and GNs, according to the novel line with Broken Tusk, female preds don't look like human females do. I remember him looking at the human female not knowing what he was looking at. Until they came across a male human and he saw the differences between the two. Hences the breasts for the most part. Yet if you go and read the novel Midnight, the leader of the hunting party "talks" about one predator in general that had started to undergo the hormonal change of becoming a female and the reproduction process. Again I love the customs that people have done... but I'm getting tired of Aliens looking like humans for the most part. Why can't the genitals be someplace really alien to us, or even asexual or be an egg layer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Howdy! Since my name popped up and I have some experience with the subject matter, I felt I should weigh in on the topic... :nanana

First off-- good job Good Duck! That's my first instinct for a probable height... but just to cover all the bases, you need to make one that's taller than the males. And a pair without a pair of ornaments.:D

The dreads are one of the most challenging things about scratch building a Predator (the other being the net suit). I agonized over that and initially made a few test dreads using a rolled tapered tube of thin flexible material over polyfill and wire-- it looked okay, but the seams showed, even after I coated them. Basically, I didn't want to spend the time since the Hot Toys dreads looked so good. I figured that it would have been more expensive to buy supplies and cast them than it would be just to buy a head (which came with a body). That said, I believe that it's much more gratifying to make your own than it is to rely on store-bought parts.

For the net suit: Net-making instructions are on the 'Net but I really didn't have the patience to pick up that skill. (I may regret that if someday I should end up on an ill-fated 3-hour cruise.) So much for the gratifying aspect-- I want to be done with it sometime within this lifecycle!

I always like the question about the chest-mounted orbs. Are they Mammals or Reptiles or Amphibians or Marsupials? I believe they're a species of the family Hollywoodius, characterized by their peculiar foam latex skin!

Seriously though-- we make stuff to look a certain way, always aware of our common reference points. Abstract art and experimental jazz doesn't appeal to everyone, probably because they veer so far from the comfort zone and framework of what we're accustomed to. A "female" predator that's physically indistinguishable from the male isn't going to broadcast anything in a medium like dolls, since characteristics like activity and behavior aren't communicated through the medium. When you're making this stuff up, the form has to say something so that we can associate behaviors that we're familiar with-- even if the creator has something entirely different in mind. It's a lot easier to communicate the female aspect when you've got something visual that folks can relate to-- like chest-mounted venom sacs. It's clearly possible to take a different approach; take the Alien Queen for example. In that case, it's pretty easy to figure out that she's female because she's got a huge eggsac hooked up, kind of like a termite queen. Again, this isn't totally abstract or novel-- it's based on something that we can relate to from this world. We accept the protective and vengeful behaviors that follow from that association-- again, those are things that are part of our human emotional vocabulary. I don't think it would be very entertaining to watch a show that we couldn't relate to.

I guess the point that I'm making is that if you're going to call something a "Female Predator", you might as well make it look female in some way we can recognize. Otherwise you end up with a herd of male and female pet rocks that you can't tell apart, and growing heap of gravel!

-Jim (bobwan)

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
That's a cool and ambitious project you've undertaken. One suggestion though-- try to narrow the shoulders/widen the hips to present a more feminine form, or you risk the Pred looking like a male with gynecomastia! :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts