One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new here, so please be patient with me.
I recently bought two beautiful Phicen female dolls and I love them, but I'm having some trouble with shoes. I've got two pairs of black pumps and one pair of cute little Converse. The problem being, I cannot get the Converse on the feet of either doll--their feet just won't jam into them and I'm afraid of forcing them because it seems the metal skeleton might break through. They can wear one pair of the pumps, but they fall off VERY easily and will not go on at all when they're wearing stockings. I have one of the girls dressed as Femlin, from Playboy, and she looks great except she can't wear shoes--which kind of ruins the effect. The other pair of pumps is just simply too big for their feet and they fall right off. So basically the dolls cannot be posed at all while wearing shoes. This is frustrating and I was wondering if anyone had any tips? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I've had good luck with pumps from Pop Toys and Super Duck. Of the two, Super Duck has enough room for the rubbery footed Phicens to wear hose (of course it depends on how thick the material is). Both brands are sturdy enough to support the figures, but they'll still require support in order to stand.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Here's a little trick that I've used for under-sized shoes: if you're using the ones with the rubbery non-removable feet, trim the toes bit by bit until they fit; if they're wearing stockings it shouldn't really be all that noticeable that parts of their toes are missing.

For over-size shoes, I flatten a small bit of Blu-Tac in the bottom of the shoe at the heel (if you don't plan on changing the outfits again, you can also use glue).

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
I probably can't help much. I'm somewhat new to this hobby also. It sounds like and I assume you have figures with non removable feet, or floppy feet. As far as the converse go. I'm surprised they are too small. A lot of the time shoes are too big for this type of foot. (older phicens had larger feet) If the converse need to be forced. Probably best not to use them. It sounds like you could damage the feet. If you ever get a jodoll it's possible the shoes might fit that. jodolls might have smaller feet. I don't have one yet, so I'm not sure. All the figures I own have this type of foot and heels can be a problem. Yes, they fall off easily. There is a post in this forum that suggests using small rubber bands that come in different colors. They didn't look bad. Appeared sort of like straps. The bands would hold the shoe on and make it more stable. I have a pair of pumps that came with a costume from super duck. These shoes fit this type of foot very well. (But they still fall off fairly easily. I think most pumps will) So shoes from super duck would probable be a good choice. But, I do mean probably not for certain. I'm not sure about the stocking issue and not familiar with that costume. Maybe the stockings are too thick. Thinner stockings might work. The pumps I have go on my figures just as easily with stockings or without.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I have a few Jiaou Dolls, and they do indeed have smaller feet. Don't give up on your Phicens just yet, however. They're still the best in seamless bodies. You'll find that a good deal of kitbashing is an awful lot of trial and error (which can get costly), until you find what works for your intentions.

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
Stryker2011... I thought the jodolls might have smaller feet since the figures look more slender than mid-bust phicens. I ordered one because of a particular color. Don't have it yet. I'm thinking that I will probably prefer phicens over jodolls also.

·
Frick 'n' Frack
348 Posts
You can either drop the shoes into water heated to boiling in a microwave. This will soften the shoes allowing them to expand while inserting the feet. If you want the feet to be just for the converse you can also dremel/sand the feet down allowing them to fit the shoes. I have had great luck softening the shoes in the water. I use this method on most of my figures.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some great ideas here, thank you to everyone for your input! I actually do have some of those little rubber bands (the clear ones--but I love the look of the black ones) and was thinking I might try them so I appreciate the validation. I'm also intrigued by the idea of boiling them and I wonder if that will work on the Converse. I hate to just not use them because they're so cute, and I'm reluctant to trim or sand my dolls' feet. The Converse shoes have tongues, which interfere with inserting the feet, I think that's the main problem with those. Thanks so much to all!

·
Frick 'n' Frack
348 Posts
remember you are not boiling the shoes. just immersing them in water that has been brought to a boil. The water will soften the shoes allowing them to expand

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes! ifrack--your solution worked like a charm with the Converse. I boiled a cup of water in the microwave, then immersed the shoes in the hot water for just a couple of minutes. And with only a little persuasion, they slipped right on. So one of my girls is now wearing a sexy white shirt, Daisy Dukes, and a pair of Converse, and she looks adorable. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yes! ifrack--your solution worked like a charm with the Converse. I boiled a cup of water in the microwave, then immersed the shoes in the hot water for just a couple of minutes. And with only a little persuasion, they slipped right on. So one of my girls is now wearing a sexy white shirt, Daisy Dukes, and a pair of Converse, and she looks adorable. Thank you so much!
Pictures please!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts