One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...but an Assassin takes orders... from no one.

I worked on this dual kitbash over the summer. I collected over half the parts and/or materials two summers ago, so I've been very patient with this project. It's turned out as well as I had planned, for the most part.

The two characters are made up, but are from the early 1400s era of the Assassin's Creed universe. The male assassin is Caspar Venere, "The Ghost," who is based upon Altair's design. The female is Victoria Baros, "The Phoenix," based around a Templar/Assassin design I settled on. I have a backstory that's over ten pages long, but I'm not likely to post it, for obvious reasons, lol.

However, I can post the basic premise. It will be listed below for those interested, as will the parts list for both figures. Anyway, here's the pics:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Re: Fate May Command I Die... ~Assassin's Creed custom~

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Caspar Venere - The Ghost

Body - Hot Toys TrueType Male 08 (w/ TTM08 head sculpt)
Robe - Amy Jones "A.J. Clothiers" commission
Hood - Modified Dragon in Dreams WWII German Jacket
Ninja Mask - Custom made
Undershirt - Slightly dyed grey Ignite Medieval shirt
Pants - Charcoal dyed Ignite Samurai pants
Leggings - Dark Brown dyed Soldier Story US Marine leggings
Gauntlets - Crazy Owners Brown Ninja gauntlets
Left Arm Gauntlet - Modified Ninja gauntlet w/ vinyl leather & Hot Toys Ezio gauntlet
Tabi Shoes - Crazy Owners Brown Ninja Tabi
Hidden Blade - Hot Toys Ezio
Assassin Dagger - Dragon in Dreams Lord of the Rings sword/dagger?
Shoulder Harness - Custom made
Knight Sword - Ignite Medieval Knight sword & sheath (w/ custom vinyl harness)
Red Sash - Custom made
Leather Belt - Custom made
Small outer belt - Custom made (w/ Ignite Medieval Knight buckle)
Throwing Daggers - Crazy Owners Kunoichi throwing daggers (w/ custom sheathes)
Black coin pouch - Custom made
Black Pouch 2x - TTL small general purpose black pouches
Chained Shuriken - Goemon Ishikawa Shuriken w/ 2 Hot Toys TDK Joker chains (pinned at ninja star)
Gold Grecian Coins - Custom made
Small Bandages - Custom made

Victoria Baros - The Phoenix

Body/Headsculpt - Triad Toys Alpha v1 Redhead (w/ repainted headsculpt/makeup)
Hands - Triad Toys Alpha Caucasian hands set v2
Boots - Triad Toys Plain Jane Mocha high bootfeet
Cloak - D-Art Studios white female cloak
Corset - MIO Designs custom mocha corset
Surcoat - Art Figures LOTR King of Gondar red inner surcoat
White Shirt- Minibarbie Boutique white long sleeve shirt
Black Pants - Hot Toys Silken Floss black spandex pants
Gauntlets - DiD Aragorn gauntlet armguards
Gold Pendant - ???
Brown Inner Belt - Ignite Knight???
Brown Outer Belt - Ignite Knight???
Black Pouch - TTL small general purpose black pouch
Black Coin Pouch - Custom made
Knight Swords - Ignite Knight??? (one painted with blood effects)
Left Gauntlet - Hot Toys Ezio w/ hidden blade attachment
Knights Dagger - Ignite Knight???
Throwing Star - Hot Toys Goemon ninja star
Figure Stand - Medicom

The story of these two is one of love and pain, with a touch of violence thrown in, no less. The characters are, at first, pitted against each other, but end up falling in love. Victoria was born an assassin, who was kidnapped at an early age and turned into an Assassin-hunting Templar, who becomes one of the best at the craft. Caspar is a Grecian Assassin who outshines most other warriors of his time, much like Altair, but his undoing is ultimately a woman. All hell breaks lose at a meeting in the Order of the Assassins one day, resulting in the death of Caspar and her unknowing father. Eventually, the Phoenix is fully reborn and seeks out her revenge against those that sent her.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts

:bravo I've been wanting to make him for ages. Fantastic use of materials and modifying existing parts, they both came out really well!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks!

Yeah, I was the same. I was holding out hope that Hot Toys would make him after they announced the AC2 Ezio license, but then I eventually decided I would just make my own, as Ezio was becoming far more popular by that time. I hope Connor gets his own figure at least.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Very cool, evocative, impressive.

And I take notice that you made both of the figures using only one single item, and a relatively minor one at that (hidden blade) from the Hot Toys Assassin's Creed, making your challenge that much harder (and quite successfully achieved). Kudos!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Nice work, you don't see much Assassin's Creed work around. Was this all a 100% your original idea or did you find influence in the various artwork and cosplay outfits out there?

Now if someone produce this I'd be extremely surprised

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks guys!

Very cool, evocative, impressive.

And I take notice that you made both of the figures using only one single item, and a relatively minor one at that (hidden blade) from the Hot Toys Assassin's Creed, making your challenge that much harder (and quite successfully achieved). Kudos!

Funny you should mention that. At first I hadn't even planned on giving Victoria a hidden blade, as she initially fought more like a Templar, despite being an Assassin. However, after I snapped Caspar's hidden blade retainer piece during sanding, I said .... it and bought the overpriced set of gauntlets off eBay.

It's unfortunate that I went through all the trouble of scouring One Sixth Depot, before it went caput, for a bayonet blade and buying Apoxie sculpt and ended up destroying the most iconic thing about the figure. I may go back and try my hand at it again one day, I don't know. The sanding part is rough on something so small in size and dimension.

Nice work, you don't see much Assassin's Creed work around. Was this all a 100% your original idea or did you find influence in the various artwork and cosplay outfits out there?

Now if someone produce this I'd be extremely surprised
Well, the AC: Brotherhood recruits influenced my decision to give Caspar a more ninja like appearance, so as to set him apart from Altair and not merely be a clone. But his overall inspiration was Altair, in the end.

As for Victoria, I had originally planned to make her look similar to this:

However, as my story changed, so too did her designs. I ended up having quite a few different versions on paper. At that stage, going off the artistic pic (which isn't mine, by the way), she was, as yet, just the Grand Master's daughter. Although, as I began to decide upon making her an Assassin-born Templar, I needed to find a way to represent that. Eventually, I ended up with what you see now, having found parts I thought worked well. Though, I will say, the Triad Toys Dark Horse Ghost figure influenced my choosing of her cloak.

Anyway, I wanted to keep Victoria as much of a "kitbash" as possible, with only a few customized areas here and there, whereas Altair was given more priority in that respect. So, I kept the custom clothing to a minimum, with only her corset being custom ordered and obviously the cloak is from D-Art Studios. Caspar's white surcoat was also custom ordered. The hood and sash were custom sewn by a family member, with my designs in mind. Any other custom work was done by myself.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm thinking of adding an eagle to my Altair inspired bash. Been looking for either a flying or perching eagle, but not having as much luck as I'd hoped. Anyone know of an eagle that came with a 1/6 figure (like a GI Joe) or perhaps a decent eagle figurine souvenir? The latter might have to be the route I go, but it's so densely populated.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
I'm thinking of adding an eagle to my Altair inspired bash. Been looking for either a flying or perching eagle, but not having as much luck as I'd hoped. Anyone know of an eagle that came with a 1/6 figure (like a GI Joe) or perhaps a decent eagle figurine souvenir? The latter might have to be the route I go, but it's so densely populated.
Looked into eagles once when I was thinking of the classic Golden Age Superman cover. Schleich makes a figurine about 3" which is probably a bit undersized and also not posable. There's a a floppy rubber one I got from a Value Village and have seen around, but it's oversized, almost in Lord of the Rings territory. Best bet might be the posable one that came with GI Joe Valor vs Venom Spirit Ironknife. For Altair you probably don't want an American bald eagle, but that's what you are likeliest to find, and I assume it's just a paint correction (someone correct me if there's a more drastic difference btwn the species).

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sweet! Thanks man. That Iron Knife eagle should work. :clap

Hopefully I don't have to spend too much on it though, as I hit my proposed limit already. :urp

1 - 20 of 33 Posts