One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

i'm off on my holiday to crete in a couple of weeks and im planning on taking a fj figure with me to take some pics and to get some cretian soil in his uniform and a little bit to sprinkle on a diorama base, my question is, what would they have worn under their jump smock a plain shirt or the woollen flieger blouse, ive searched the net but im still none the wiser

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts
yes They wore their tunics underneath for the most part. it was very hot once on the ground and i believe some did remove them and just kept the jump smock with the shirt underneath.

namaste
Miguel

·
Registered
740 Posts
The FJ's wore there continental uniform with their jump smock over the tunic (fliegerbluse), when they landed by parachute and glider the conditions were far warmer than on the Greek mainland. Some Fallschirmjager removed their jump smocks and only wore their tunics, most removed their tunics as the jump smock offered better camouflage and had only a white vest underneath. You'd tend to find officers would do the former, with a shirt and tie underneath, whilst NCO's and enlisted men would do the latter. Some FJ's cut their jump trousers into shorts, some managed to appropriate British Army shorts and if captured were shot for wearing enemy uniforms. When Ramcke's emergency force dropped in on Maleme you had FJ's dressed in smartly being met by theses scruffy FJ's in shorts and with sleeves rolled.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys

I wont get into trouble taking a FJ figure into Crete taking into consideration the insignia on the uniform and helmet will i

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Interesting question, over here in the US they have gotten crazy sometimes, wanting to seize scale weapons and such. I did a quick lookabout and found only very vague customs information for Crete. Main issue: Do NOT take Cannabis there. Not sure how the UK Customs looks at transporting "army men". A while back, it would not have been an issue, but we live in strange times.

There is the option of mailing it to your destination, kit-bagging it about, and then re-mailing it back to your self. Even that's a gamble, but what is not? In the main, I like your idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.