One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Assembler
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that when I'm making something, when I sew two things together and then do the whole flip it inside out deal (for nice edges), the fabric is too thick and doesn't fall right.

Example, I was making a poncho so I sewed two pieces of fabric together and then inverted it and sewed the opening but the fabric was too thick and it didn't look right... And I could just hem it but then it would have ugly inside and stitches would we visible as well.any ideas?

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
You could try pinning and gluing it, perhaps?
Or you may just need thinner material, perhaps.
I could ask my girlfriend about it when I get home, she's a seamstress and could probably give some useful tips, perhaps. Because I just had to say that word one more time.

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
She said that a thinner material and smaller seams, or hot iron would be the best idea, sometimes pressing the material will make it relax a bit.

Could you provide pictures? Would be able to provide much better input then!

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
For a really thin material you could always try cotton handkerchiefs. They're thin and if they're cotton they take dye nicely. I don't really sew but I've dyed them and used them to make bandannas, rags, bandages, scarves and things like that.

·
Assembler
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you're right, just too thick. May scrap it and try again with one layer. Not sure how I'm going to achieve a rounded shape like that, though... Hmm, I'll keep trying and maybe look into handkerchiefs!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts