One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are you as excited as i am to see a terminator reboot? i know i am, especially after seeing the trailer.

:applause :applause :applause

·
Registered
760 Posts
God no! It should really have ended after 2. I actually liked Salvation, because it didn't tamper with the timeline and stuck with a straightforward future war movie. If they have the main characters jumping around time, when's that going to end? Are we going to have John Connor going back to 1955 to make Sarah's parents meet up and fall in love to create Sarah in the future. Give it a rest.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
I believe I'll wait to see it before I begin slamming it. I liked the other ones, so it's only fair to give this one a shot.

·
Hi, I'm an addict!
3,470 Posts
I am kind of on the fence. I have not really done the research into answering some of the questions I have about it. Like, how is the T-800, a robot, aging? I agree that there have been lots of time jumps and it can get quite confusing.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I am very excited. Using time travel to tinker with the fundamental premises of the movie is a clever idea. I agree that it probably should have ended with "Judgment Day" but this movie certainly looks more engaging than unimaginative crap like T3.

I am confused as to why people keep asking why a Terminator would look "old." If they are covered with a layer of living flesh, wouldn't that flesh age? Is it impossible to conceive that they might want a robot that gave the illusion of aging, if it intended to spend years on a mission? (They never really make it clear what Terminators are expected to do once they complete their mission. Didn't Arnold say at one point that they cannot self-terminate?)

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I am hoping this one will jump the gap, as I enjoyed Terminator and, to a degree, T2, but took a miss on the others. Since they are playing with time travel, there is some wiggle room, but like Highlander, there's been some finagling with the basic premise. And yeah, I know they are just movies...

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,822 Posts
Excited?

No.

More curious as to the "reboot" in terms of explanation/logic (GASP!).

My guess is an alternate/separate continuity/time line from THE TERMINATOR, TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY, TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES, TERMINATOR: SALVATION.

We already know the TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES is an alternate/separate continuity/time line.

Lately, it's difficult to get excited over new films because of a dearth in something totally different and new and almost everything is a derivative/rehash of what came before for the most part.

YOU KNOW . . . kind of like the 1:6 hobby at times.

;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts