One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
retired firefighter
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys a couple of years ago someone posted some pics of Navy SEALs in Somolia 1993 will theres a pic of 2 SEALs behind some sand bags, maybe a sniper team, but anyway, can some ID the holsters they have and what would be the 1/6th scale version of them? thanks 4 the help

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Is this the picture?

That visible holster is one of the high-impact plastic/nylon types, isn't it?

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
That looks odd, almost like a light colored version of the UK holster that came with the Falklands figures by Sgt. Larry.

-----

·
DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE
2,235 Posts
Might be British 58 Pattern Holster, possible kit swap?

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
The holster in the first pic looks like it could be a Safariland. There are plenty of these available in 1/6, including ones which look just like the one in the pic. Maybe check out some of the older Hot Toys versions that they made before they abandoned their military line.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts

Slightly larger pic (if you hit View Image). If it's an ABA or LBT holster, it looks like the P58 holster is it's old dad.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,938 Posts
Maybe a stock M12 holster for the fabric one? {Corrected} Not the M12. It does look like that British 58.

The other one does look like an early Safariland to me, but I don't know my holsters from the 90's to well.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Here's one of the LBT flap holsters -

·
retired firefighter
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks everyone who answered the post, been a big help. Wish there was more early 80s gear available or figures

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I posted those pics..got them from militaryphotos.net. they are said to be pics of DEVGRU Black team snipers in Somalia, 1993. Reading "Modern American Snipers"right now and they talk a bit about DEVGRU's Black team snipers involvement there. Great read so far.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts