One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just a warning to anyone who buys or preorders from this seller via ebay. He does not fulfil pre-orders.

I purchased two items one year ago and for some time he kept putting me off with messages to say the item had not come into stock, then all comms stopped and he will no longer reply to messages.

I understand that it is my own fault for letting it go on too long without lodging a dispute with ebay so my money is lost and I accept that but please be aware of this seller.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Chances are you can still retrieve your money for item paid and not recieved. There must be a system/policy on ebay in place that understands how pre-orders work. I almost never pre-order. I've done it once in the past ten years and got a big dose of remembering why I don't pre-order (because it was a train wreck of an experience). Did you keep all proof of receipts and correspondences with seller? Have you explained your situation to a live person @eBay's customer support?

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
This is at least the second time I have seen a complaint about this seller on this forum. I have bought from them several times, without a problem, but that was just my experience. I don't like pre-ordering in general, but especially when I am dealing with international sellers on eBay. I am more likely to pre-order from domestic brick-and-mortar stores with their own websites (e.g., Big Bad Toy Store or Timewalker Toys, as well as Cotswold Collectibles and Monkey Depot). I suppose that this brings some degree of further accountability into it. But anyway, if it is too late to take up the case with eBay, and if you did pay by PayPal, see if you can open a case there -- I have done so before and gotten my money back. But the timeframe might have been different.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Will stay away from this dealer. I ONLY Pre-order from USA retailers and have never had a problem with them.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Pity you've had trouble. Personally, I very rarely PO. I've never found anything I've wanted to be out of stock post PO. Have a look when it's out and see what you can find. Chances are what you do find post PO will be cancelled PO's from people that bailed too early.

Just keep looking!

CHEERS!

·
No more Pancake face
1,044 Posts
If you do feel the need to Pre Order, eBay is the least trustworthy place to do it.

·
Registered
667 Posts
If the product is not delivered to you by the promised delivery date, you open a dispute regardless of what the seller tells you...

·
Registered
968 Posts
If you do feel the need to Pre Order, eBay is the least trustworthy place to do it.
That's a golden rule to follow if making a pre-order. I also agree with GNF. If you pre-order, do it via a very trustworthy retailer (ask around, do the research et). I missed ebay and PayPal alloted dispute dates once on an eBay purchase that I didn't receive. I had all the receipts however (PayPal and Ebay) and the emails between myself and seller. So I opened an investigation directly with my bank. Depending on how your PayPal account is set up/what it's linked to, your financial institution can help when all else fails.

·
Registered
968 Posts
This is at least the second time I have seen a complaint about this seller on this forum. I have bought from them several times, without a problem, but that was just my experience. I don't like pre-ordering in general, but especially when I am dealing with international sellers on eBay. I am more likely to pre-order from domestic brick-and-mortar stores with their own websites (e.g., Big Bad Toy Store or Timewalker Toys, as well as Cotswold Collectibles and Monkey Depot). I suppose that this brings some degree of further accountability into it. But anyway, if it is too late to take up the case with eBay, and if you did pay by PayPal, see if you can open a case there -- I have done so before and gotten my money back. But the timeframe might have been different.
I wonder if we should start a "Buyer Beware (of this Ebay Seller)" section here on OWS? A singular bad experience doesn't justify black-balling a seller. But when reading about a seller with multiple shady transactions, it might be worth a permanent (sticky) thread.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,827 Posts
Our want for the best/cheapest price possible for pre-orders still cause some to make unwise decisions even with all the notices/postings about caution and warnings based on previous instances.

Some will always and continue to experience and learn the hard way.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
I have never pre-ordered anything on eBay or with a retailer not based domestically. Although I will admit I have never had a eBay retailer except one who gave me a problem when I didn't receive my package and he was a US retailer based in the States. HE actually had the audacity to lay the blame on me because said dealer said he had never had a problem with a customer receiving a package until me.....

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,865 Posts
I had this same issue with the same seller earlier this year with the Rogue One figures. I had an ongoing battle with him to get my deposits back, and then he agreed to send and I stupidly closed the dispute.....and then never got all my money back.

·
12,827 Posts
I had this same issue with the same seller earlier this year with the Rogue One figures. I had an ongoing battle with him to get my deposits back, and then he agreed to send and I stupidly closed the dispute.....and then never got all my money back.
--

The lesson learned is never close any claim/dispute until good/refund is received.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,947 Posts
I have had nothing but good transactions from this seller. But none have ever been pre-orders, so that could be where this is falling apart.

There are some rules on Ebay about pre-orders, so you should contact them directly if the seller is causing problems regarding them. I think they(Ebay) may also be able to go back in your purchase history a bit further than what is accessible on your page. If my memory serves, the product can't be more than a month from the time of the PO to the time the order is filled and shipped. But we all know how accurate that any delivery date can be in the 1:6 world, so you are taking a big roll of the dice on that.

Paypal will have a record of the transaction of the PO, and you can go back into that with Ebay staff and go from there.

By all means, you should be getting Ebay involved if the seller is being a pain, and not fulfilling his order, or refund.

·
12,827 Posts
cdn_rhino You are correct. All PO must ship within 30 days of auction's end. It is against ebay rules to have sellers offer items that go past 30 days for all POs. So now all know to avoid any auctions not meeting this rule.

AFM
--

Yeah, right. Some still and will never take heed for a variety of reasons (i.e. WOW! A $150.00 USD PHICEN for just $75.00 shipped? I'll buy it! eBay/PayPal will protect me from my own bad judgment!).

Read my signature, but it doesn't apply for some.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
RPD, have you checked your credit card company policies to see if you can still do a charge back for the item. i think some let u do that for a year or more

1 - 20 of 26 Posts