One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Selling a product advertised with photos from another one of better quality? Was it necessary to explain that?
No need to get snitty.....just asking.....thought people have actually been ripped off or something. Besides, if you get the sculpt and it's acceptable, that should be fine.....and for less than $20.00, can you really expect more?

·
Registered
40 Posts
In his defense, I have several times used the photos of another seller on Ebay for my sales. It is not a lack of respect or honesty, just some realize beautiful pictures with professional lighting equipment. The main thing is that it is exactly the same product for sale. :hyper

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I think any time a seller uses photos of a different product to sell an item is cause for concern. At least he could have used a photo of the actual item, regardless of the price.
Hang on now, are those the facts?

because what it looks like to me instead is just that he's probably selling the actual item in the photos, and those are his actual in hand pictures (as I'm assuming he's also "Commander Bond on taobao.com") and the only thing that's wrong here is that "HP-0012" shouldn't be anywhere in the listing. No "photos of a different product to sell an item." I notice it doesn't anywhere say or advertise "Headplay," or state either "Headplay" or "DiD." There are probably very few people who'd recognize just the label "HP-0012" without the word "HeadPlay" or think as a result they might be getting something different than what's pictured.

My best guess is that maybe the seller digital 9a just "cut and pasted" the Russian letters for Stalin's name from some place that had the Headplay head, and accidentally made a typo and brought the "HP-0012" along, with everything else in the listing being ok. Does anybody know if digital9a = commander bond, or for that matter, has anybody even tried asking digital9a about this before we continue to lynch him in absentia?

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
It what you're saying is the case, this is an instance of a really sloppy eBay listing. A lot of problems for both buyers and sellers result from "accidents". There really shouldn't be any ambiguity in a listing.
You're totally, absolutely right on all 3 points. But there's a real possibility that the only issue may be a sloppy cut and paste inclusion of "hp-0012," and so, many/most of the posts here may be proceeding on wrong assumptions. If he was dishonest wouldn't he at least have actually said "HeadPlay"?

"Never attribute to malevolence anything that can be adequately explained by stupidity."

·
Registered
260 Posts
I had a bait and switch situation from this seller. Bought a HS supposedly in stock, then was told it would be two months for the factory to produce it, and I could choose one of their others instead and pay any difference. No thanks. I just asked for the refund. It's one of sellers that does the 'Dear Friend...' messages. ;-) To their credit, they didn't just mark it 'shipped' with a three month window. That's happened to me before. I tend to give credit to just sloppy inventory rather than nefarious plots to rip someone off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts