One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See subject.

I sold three (3) Power Team Elite World Peacekeepers loose/new figures for $44.99 USD shipped.

Believe it or not.

The buyer read the item's description and terms and promptly paid.

Last year, I purchased a lot of this figure because it comes with ACU camouflage BDUs and black ammo pouches I wanted. I pretty much pitched everything else into the sale/trade bin including the bodies and figured why not post them on eBay. If they sell, fine. If they don't, fine.

I previously sold some last year with no issues.

As much as I and others here occasionally comment about eBay pricing and sales oddities from time to time, it's a bit odd when it happens to you as a seller.

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
More power to you DFC! As you have mentioned before, supply and demand. The local Big Lots has had this guy in in a regular basis and 3 with gear would have been cheaper to me, but your buyer may not have access, so the price was right. I say good for you.

·
12,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More power to you DFC! As you have mentioned before, supply and demand. The local Big Lots has had this guy in in a regular basis and 3 with gear would have been cheaper to me, but your buyer may not have access, so the price was right. I say good for you.
--

Thank you.

Oddity struck again. The same buyer received his order on Saturday and was pleased. He wanted to buy more and inquired. I had six (6) figures left and offered a package price for all six shipped. He accepted and immediately paid. Of course, I'm still proceeding carefully (payment through PayPal, etc.).

I guess I must have done something right in a previous life.

It's good to sell off accumulated 1:6 stuff to those who'll appreciate and enjoy it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I hope he doesn't read this forum then lol:wink Its nice when a sale works out like this, but I guess it illustrates well that an item is worth what a buyer is prepared to pay for it, and that some sellers know this and will use a high price to see if they get a bite.

·
12,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope he doesn't read this forum then lol:wink Its nice when a sale works out like this, but I guess it illustrates well that an item is worth what a buyer is prepared to pay for it, and that some sellers know this and will use a high price to see if they get a bite.
--

For transparency, I sold the remaining bodies for $8.00 each plus shipping with insurance and tracking.

I still have the all the unwanted accessories from the boxed sets that I procured primarily for the ACU camouflage.

:)

·
Registered
277 Posts
It was actually a fair deal. Especially if they were only after the bodies. If you think about it, each fig is around $10 (with tax is more) and that is going to be around $30+ dollars, not including shipping. And $15 for shipping is pretty cheap these days. So they were able to get the figs they wanted without having to scour the Big Lots, which may or may not have them in stock.

As a side note, it is a cool figure. I have many in my collection. It's a good head sculpt.

·
Registered
309 Posts
--

For transparency, I sold the remaining bodies for $8.00 each plus shipping with insurance and tracking.

I still have the all the unwanted accessories from the boxed sets that I procured primarily for the ACU camouflage.

:)
I was not suggesting you were offering at a high price DFC, just that some do. When I read my post back i realised it was a bit ambiguous on that aspect, sorry.

·
12,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was not suggesting you were offering at a high price DFC, just that some do. When I read my post back i realised it was a bit ambiguous on that aspect, sorry.
--

No worries and I didn't take it that way.

We're all thrifty. No harm. No foul.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts