One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well on Jan 10 2014 I won the bid on a Triad Toys Black & Silver BLOODRAYNE OUTFIT or $21.00 + $6.50 S & H.

With an estimated arrival time of 5 to 8 business days, well normally it takes about 3 to 4 business days to received a package from CA to S.D.

So by Jan 23 no package, well I got very concerned & sent him an email for the tracking number, he sent me an email claiming he mailed it First Class on Jan 14 but there was no tacking number. (WTF since when does First Class packages don't have a tracking number? :dunno)
So I checked the mail box everyday for the package until today still no package, well finally he sent me an email stating he got the package back today due to insufficient postage, WHAT $6.50 IS NOT ENOUGH POSTAGE FOR AN 6 OUNCE PAGAGE!!!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Re: EBAY mystery?

If they dropoff at the post office and pay there I believe tracking is an addon service that has to be paid for with first class? However if he did that you'd think they would get the weight correct. 6.50 would have more than covered the max limit of first class. Any online label would have had it included. Hope he sorts it for you!

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts

Well that is maddening, i would ask him to send it again with tracking, the other thing you could ask for some "gift" for all the mess...I know I would include something free if I screwed it up this bad....:bag

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,822 Posts

Who is the eBay seller?

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,779 Posts

why would he get a notice of insufficient postage after the mailing it? either he's lying or the post office is trying to scam him.

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

If they dropoff at the post office and pay there I believe tracking is an addon service that has to be paid for with first class? However if he did that you'd think they would get the weight correct. 6.50 would have more than covered the max limit of first class. Any online label would have had it included. Hope he sorts it for you!
Well that is maddening, i would ask him to send it again with tracking, the other thing you could ask for some "gift" for all the mess...I know I would include something free if I screwed it up this bad....:bag
Who is the eBay seller?
why would he get a notice of insufficient postage after the mailing it? either he's lying or the post office is trying to scam him.
Thanks for the impute, I really hope to receive the package next week?

AdamC: Me Too!

crusader1xxx: In his last email he said he would resend it & he added a few items to the package due to the error in shipping and the time you've had to wait for this. I sent him an email for a tracking number. I really don't think he wants to ruined his 100% rating.

DFC: ltyar.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triad-Cy-Gi...3HKqZJnDj33yl80OgpMDc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

CobraTroper11: That is a very good question, well now I suspect he tried to mail it like letter with a 49 cent stamp instead of a package to save him the postage? NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT!

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts

Hope you get what you want, and soon! I believe it's now 30 days in which to file a claim not 45.

CHEERS!

·
Kit-Bash Krazy!
2,980 Posts

On a positive note... he's got the items back and he is going to resend them to you... they're not lost forever in the postal system. A frustrating delay, but sounds like the guy is going to make it right for you.

As I always say, these are toys and for us and they are 'wants', not 'needs'... I think sometimes we lose sight of that :)

·
12,822 Posts

DFC: ltyar.
--

I won an auction from him previously.

After promptly paying for my item, I did politely request he send me the tracking number for my item. I replied he would, but he never did. After a few days, I messaged him and basically got an "OOPS! I forgot message with no tracking number." Luckily, the item arrived.

I did leave him positive feedback, but gave him the worst rating for communication.

Personally speaking, I'd say leave him a negative feedback because he brought upon himself and from my perspective it's deserved/earned.

If I did the same thing as a seller, I'd have no excuse/justification for such a blunder.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Returned insufficient postage???? When he mailed it the post office would have given him the correct amount for postage wouldn't they? Doesn't make sense to me

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts

Well, he could have packaged it up and stuck it in his mailbox for pick-up by the post office.

The above gives him the benefit of the doubt.

The reality is that I haven't heard of anything being returned for insufficient postage in years.

Stay on him and keep an eye on your time for appeal...if it's not run out already.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts

Well, he could have packaged it up and stuck it in his mailbox for pick-up by the post office. The above gives him the benefit of the doubt.

The reality is that I haven't heard of anything being returned for insufficient postage in years. Stay on him and keep an eye on your time for appeal...if it's not run out already.
I think Dadrab's advice is good (though Dadrab uses the word "appeal," while actually you are at the first stage of "opening" a report, so the applicable time expiries are different; note that difference when you go through EBay's policies).

There's no down side for you in protecting yourself by opening a report/complaint so you should do it before the deadline. Actually I don't think there is necessarily any down side for the seller either if it is favourably resolved later (eg I don't think there is any negative consequence for him if a report is started while an item is late but then the item arrives).

Your case has an interesting wrinkle for EBay's new rules where the 30 day period runs from "30 days of actual or estimated delivery date of the item" because in your case, what counts as the estimated delivery date that starts the clock -- would it be the original shipment or the second reshipment? To be safe you should assume it is the first so you're probably limited to 30 days from around January 15-18 (the exact estimated delivery date would have been in your Order Details).

I think your guess is probably correct that as the item is small and light, the seller probably tried to put it in a regular letter envelope -- which might have worked if it weren't for the boots.

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hope you get what you want, and soon! I believe it's now 30 days in which to file a claim not 45.

CHEERS!
On a positive note... he's got the items back and he is going to resend them to you... they're not lost forever in the postal system. A frustrating delay, but sounds like the guy is going to make it right for you.

As I always say, these are toys and for us and they are 'wants', not 'needs'... I think sometimes we lose sight of that :)
--

I won an auction from him previously.

After promptly paying for my item, I did politely request he send me the tracking number for my item. I replied he would, but he never did. After a few days, I messaged him and basically got an "OOPS! I forgot message with no tracking number." Luckily, the item arrived.

I did leave him positive feedback, but gave him the worst rating for communication.

Personally speaking, I'd say leave him a negative feedback because he brought upon himself and from my perspective it's deserved/earned.

If I did the same thing as a seller, I'd have no excuse/justification for such a blunder.
Returned insufficient postage???? When he mailed it the post office would have given him the correct amount for postage wouldn't they? Doesn't make sense to me
Well, he could have packaged it up and stuck it in his mailbox for pick-up by the post office.

The above gives him the benefit of the doubt.

The reality is that I haven't heard of anything being returned for insufficient postage in years.

Stay on him and keep an eye on your time for appeal...if it's not run out already.
I think Dadrab's advice is good (though Dadrab uses the word "appeal," while actually you are at the first stage of "opening" a report, so the applicable time expiries are different; note that difference when you go through EBay's policies).

There's no down side for you in protecting yourself by opening a report/complaint so you should do it before the deadline. Actually I don't think there is necessarily any down side for the seller either if it is favourably resolved later (eg I don't think there is any negative consequence for him if a report is started while an item is late but then the item arrives).

Your case has an interesting wrinkle for EBay's new rules where the 30 day period runs from "30 days of actual or estimated delivery date of the item" because in your case, what counts as the estimated delivery date that starts the clock -- would it be the original shipment or the second reshipment? To be safe you should assume it is the first so you're probably limited to 30 days from around January 15-18 (the exact estimated delivery date would have been in your Order Details).

I think your guess is probably correct that as the item is small and light, the seller probably tried to put it in a regular letter envelope -- which might have worked if it weren't for the boots.

This new 30 day to file a claim has me very concerned, I think the case was opened with the first email to him since it was past the estimated time of arrival?

rogerbee: Thanks

4dFCON: I am hoping for the best outcome, this delay is very frustrating to say the least. I have received packages from H.K. in less time. :lol

DFC: So this seller has pulled this stunt before WOW, good to know.
Well he definitely deserves a negative feedback but time will tell.

pzrwest: Yeah it doesn't make any sense to me either, but I think dadrab may be right about he might have just dropped some mailbox & hoped for the best?

dadrab: Yeah that is most likely what happened? Yep I am going to keep an eye on this one. I am still hold out hope for it though.

Moonbase Alpha Male: Thank You much appreciated. :hifive
I really hope he at least put them in a padded envelopes this time & a tracking number.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts

Thank You everyone for the great advice.

This new 30 day to file a claim has me very concerned, I think the case was opened with the first email to him since it was past the estimated time of arrival?
Go to EBay: Home > Resolution Centre > Items Not Received or Not as Described

and Open a case. Your email to him does not automatically Open a Case.

Though you must let him know of the problem first (as you did), then you must open a case with EBay w/in 30 days from the estimated delivery date. You should still have about 10 days or so, but why wait? If you paid with PayPal they may have a different Claim period now (not sure), but simplest is a Claim through EBay, just in case. If the stuff hopefully shows up you can mark it resolved, but until then don't leave yourself exposed.

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

Go to EBay: Home > Resolution Centre > Items Not Received or Not as Described

and Open a case. Your email to him does not automatically Open a Case.

Though you must let him know of the problem first (as you did), then you must open a case with EBay w/in 30 days from the estimated delivery date. You should still have about 10 days or so, but why wait? If you paid with PayPal they may have a different Claim period now (not sure), but simplest is a Claim through EBay, just in case. If the stuff hopefully shows up you can mark it resolved, but until then don't leave yourself exposed.

Well here is the a copy of the email I just received.

i added the additional amount in stamps and handed it right back to our mail carrier.

- ltyar

So apparently there is no tracking number, well isn't that just great! :grrr :mad

So now I have a 50/50 chance of receiving this time? Well it better show up by Feb 5 or 6! :rant

·
12,822 Posts

I'd say CALL the seller up and communicate your concerns. You do have his contact # don't you?

eBay very likely may ask you if communicated/talked (i.e. phone call) with the seller.

Personally speaking, I believe the seller is taking the cheapest route possible with postage for small items or just being [email protected] $ $ in the way he's handling things, but who knows?

I've only dealt with him once and I was not impressed with his communication in that instance, but fortunate I received my items.

You got the eBay money back guarantee policy in your favor so to speak if the item never arrives, but at the same time you already opened a case with eBay given the circumstances; therefore, I recommend leaving negative feedback to the seller given the circumstances or tell the seller you're considering leaving the appropriate negative feedback given his odd way of handling your situation (i.e. you paid for the item, but he's having difficulty getting it to you due to his poor handling?).

I understand needing to be patient and all (i.e. being a nice guy), but sometime that's not going to cut it.

I'm prepared to do the same thing if I decide to bid on any of the seller's auction items again.

I wonder if he's a member of this group?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts

Personally speaking, I believe the seller is taking the cheapest route possible with postage for small items or just being [email protected] $ $ in the way he's handling things,
This. The shipping rate charged was more than enough for 13oz package and yet they are just slapping a few stamps and trying to treat it as lettermail. Hopefully they haven't gone and stuck it in a bubble mailer, as that is ill advised as those go straight through the letter sorting machines unless they are sufficiently thick or considered to be "rigid". Great way to damage items, and you'll notice quite a few sellers who get negative feedback because of trying to take shortcuts like this to make money on shipping. Hopefully they at least boxed it for you!

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I'd say CALL the seller up and communicate your concerns. You do have his contact # don't you?

eBay very likely may ask you if communicated/talked (i.e. phone call) with the seller.

Personally speaking, I believe the seller is taking the cheapest route possible with postage for small items or just being [email protected] $ $ in the way he's handling things, but who knows?

I've only dealt with him once and I was not impressed with his communication in that instance, but fortunate I received my items.

You got the eBay money back guarantee policy in your favor so to speak if the item never arrives, but at the same time you already opened a case with eBay given the circumstances; therefore, I recommend leaving negative feedback to the seller given the circumstances or tell the seller you're considering leaving the appropriate negative feedback given his odd way of handling your situation (i.e. you paid for the item, but he's having difficulty getting it to you due to his poor handling?).

I understand needing to be patient and all (i.e. being a nice guy), but sometime that's not going to cut it.

I'm prepared to do the same thing if I decide to bid on any of the seller's auction items again.

I wonder if he's a member of this group?
This. The shipping rate charged was more than enough for 13oz package and yet they are just slapping a few stamps and trying to treat it as lettermail. Hopefully they haven't gone and stuck it in a bubble mailer, as that is ill advised as those go straight through the letter sorting machines unless they are sufficiently thick or considered to be "rigid". Great way to damage items, and you'll notice quite a few sellers who get negative feedback because of trying to take shortcuts like this to make money on shipping. Hopefully they at least boxed it for you!
DFC: Thanks, yeah this seller seems to be a cheap @ $ $!!!
I have also wonder this seller is a member of this FORUM or maybe a lurker.

AdamC: Thanks. I can only hope he placed the items in a box but I would not bet on it.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts

AdamC: Thanks. I can only hope he placed the items in a box but I would not bet on it.
I think the seller already answered that when he said that "i added the additional amount in stamps and handed it right back to our mail carrier." To get credit for the previous insufficient postage and pay only the "additional" amount, he probably has to resend the identical package - I stand to be corrected but I think that's how it works.

Which raises the question - if he says that "i added the additional amount in stamps and handed it right back to our mail carrier", then what happened to his promise where "he said he would resend it & he added a few items to the package due to the error in shipping and the time you've had to wait"?

Bear in mind that your seller could easily be reading this OSW thread, and maybe he said to himself, "I"ve got to send him the actual item so EBay doesn't make me refund the money, but if it looks like he's giving me negative feedback regardless, screw it, I'm not adding any lagniappe bonus gift."

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I think the seller already answered that when he said that "i added the additional amount in stamps and handed it right back to our mail carrier." To get credit for the previous insufficient postage and pay only the "additional" amount, he probably has to resend the identical package - I stand to be corrected but I think that's how it works.

Which raises the question - if he says that "i added the additional amount in stamps and handed it right back to our mail carrier", then what happened to his promise where "he said he would resend it & he added a few items to the package due to the error in shipping and the time you've had to wait"?

Bear in mind that your seller could easily be reading this OSW thread, and maybe he said to himself, "I"ve got to send him the actual item so EBay doesn't make me refund the money, but if it looks like he's giving me negative feedback regardless, screw it, I'm not adding any lagniappe bonus gift."
Thanks: I really don't expected any thing extra, this seller is not know for keeping his promises like DFC said earlier, After promptly paying for my item, I did politely request he send me the tracking number for my item. I replied he would, but he never did. After a few days, I messaged him and basically got an "OOPS! I forgot message with no tracking number & from an earlier emails -

hi
was sent on 1-14-14 in a large envelope by first class usps. we have a100% rating, and i don't know what the hold up is with usps
Leonard

- ltyar

hi
received the pack back in the mail today with postage due. don't know how that happened, will take a photo of it and send to you later today.
sorry for the drama.
Len

- ltyar

Hi
I added a few items to the package due to the error in shipping and the time you've had to wait for this.
Len

- ltyar

i added the additional amount in stamps and handed it right back to our mail carrier.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]- ltyar

Does anyone else find these emails odd? Did the mail carrier wait for him to send a couple of emails then open the letter/pack add a few items, reseal it, look for the stamps then handed it right back to him?

That is one very patient mail carrier. :lol

[/FONT]
Well no photo, & like a good friend has pointed out a few more items = more weight = more postage + cheapskate seller I really don't see that happing.

This seller really does DESERVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!

BTW There is no proof that it was ever sent just his word?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts