One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Evil-doer
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a DAM Tet Marine from a seller in China and it arrived completely smashed from pretty much every angle.

image3.jpg
image2.jpg
image8.jpg
image7.jpg
image6.jpg
I've never had this happen before so I'm uncertain what recourse to pursue. That said, the seller has offered a paltry $20 refund for the damage, but including the destroyed box, the M60s barrel was bent out of shape and that piece alone is worth $30.

Also, I paid about $45-$50 over MSRP and the seller still has one more unit listed.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
I had something similar happen recently and the seller sent another shipment free of charge. $20 is not acceptable. Here’s the deal, as a seller on ebay myself, I’d be upset about the damage, especially if that happened in transit. Regardless ebay has a policy of packaging properly to avoid exactly what you have had happen to you. It’s their fault regardless in ebay’s mind. Get what you deserve.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Had the M-60 not been damaged I would have said the heck with the box, unless you were planning on keeping this figure boxed forever and selling at a higher price...boxed figures should be freed.

However, the damaged weapon makes all the difference. Seller should refund you in full.

My $0.02.

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
Agreed with the above comments. Although you'd be well within your rights to seek reparations for a smashed up box, if the figure inside was fine then I'd be inclined to leave it. But to have an item damaged, especially one as valuable as the M60 itself, is unacceptable. Thankfully, as the buyer on eBay the cards are fully stacked in your favour whatever you choose.

·
Evil-doer
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I concur, I told the seller I'd prefer to return the damaged product and get a replacement shipped out.

·
Evil-doer
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I concur, I told the seller I'd prefer to return the damaged product and get a replacement shipped out.
Ugh, seller's not having it. Says it costs too much to ship it back to China and wants to refund $50 of the $200 instead. I think I'll hold out for $75 and just buy a replacement M60 loose somewhere.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
No, seriously, open a case with eBay. This should not be allowed to happen and might be your only way of getting what you deserve out of it anyway. Trust me when I tell you, as the buyer, eBay and paypal will treat you like royalty at every step of the process. This is an open and shut case of poor packaging.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Ugh, seller's not having it. Says it costs too much to ship it back to China and wants to refund $50 of the $200 instead. I think I'll hold out for $75 and just buy a replacement M60 loose somewhere.
So another sloppy seller wins....great.....

·
God Bless America
1,529 Posts
Wrapped only with bubble wrap? That's ignorant and lazy.
Exactly right. I thought the same thing when I looked at the pictures; "no box?! Just bubble wrap?!"

Asking for $75 is ok, but $100 would not be unreasonable, depending on what you have to replace/how bad you think the damage is. The SELLER should have packed the item right in the first place and that would have avoided these problems.

If they don't cooperate, go to eBay. You will have to return the item, but it won't cost you; you'll get all your money back including return shipping. The seller will have to decide if they want to take a partial loss, or lose all the money and then some.

And don't forget to leave negative feedback (or at least a neutral), so others will know.

·
Evil-doer
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wrapped only with bubble wrap? That's ignorant and lazy.
The photos are deceptive. There is/was a shipper-box and the black corners you see are actually plastic, protective corners taped onto the outside of the shipper. The shipper box however was made of some seriously flimsy cardboard (the antithesis of FedEx cardboard) and the DAM box fit perfectly inside it without any other packing material around it. Based on my experience, I'd say 95% of the time this probably would have made it stateside without a problem, but someone must've run a team of horses over this thing while in transit.

I'm really not crazy about the seller telling me I can't return it and only offering the bare minimum in compensation. I understand their frustration, but, like most of you, I believe the resolution could be a little more equitable.

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
If the seller shipped the item in a cardboard shipper, encased in bubble wrap with plastic stoppers around the corners and it arrived in the state shown then it seems a bit tough blaming them. What else could they have realistically done? How else does anyone ship boxed figures? Every boxed figure I've ever bought has come in that level of packaging. As you say, it seems like someone went to town on this package! I also agree that a little more compensation would be fair. At the least, whatever it's going to cost you to source replacement parts including shipping.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ordered a DAM Tet Marine from a seller in China and it arrived completely smashed from pretty much every angle.

View attachment 390096
View attachment 390098
View attachment 390100
View attachment 390102
View attachment 390104
I've never had this happen before so I'm uncertain what recourse to pursue. That said, the seller has offered a paltry $20 refund for the damage, but including the destroyed box, the M60s barrel was bent out of shape and that piece alone is worth $30.

Also, I paid about $45-$50 over MSRP and the seller still has one more unit listed.

Thoughts?
WTF!! I would want a full refund!!! Your protected under Ebay's Buyer Protection.....

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,947 Posts
That is poor packaging for shipping. File a case on Ebay, and get it rolling before it times out. Ebay gives the buyer preference about %95 of the time, and you have some solid evidence there. The least Ebay can do is favor with the seller, and you have to buy a new M60 from another buyer.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Packaging looks more or less fine to me, if there was a cardboard box over the bubble wrap. However, I can totally understand you. I would be furious as well. Looks like a postal service is to blame here. Was it sent from China?

·
One Sixth Junkie
6,292 Posts
Packaging looks more or less fine to me, if there was a cardboard box over the bubble wrap. However, I can totally understand you. I would be furious as well. Looks like a postal service is to blame here. Was it sent from China?
My thinking also. I am an ebay seller and buyer. Although I have rarely had things returned to me because they are damaged, it does happen. Even though it may be the post offices fault, I always pay for the return.

The box, again, do you plan to keep it or throw it out? That is the question here. M60 you said is worth about $30? If your a hard stickler for $75, then so be it. If not, take the $50. You will still be ahead +$20. If not, I should warn you, you could be banned from their site. Not that it matters if you aren't going to buy from him anymore.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts