·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Hey, this looks pretty good. Clothes seem to be well made and I like the knee pads attatched to the pants. Headsculpt is nice, the five o'clock shadow is well done.

For the memebers here who purchase higher end figures: How well do details, like the head sculpt, transfer to the actual product?

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,894 Posts
It appears there are four more on the way!

·
12,894 Posts
For the memebers here who purchase higher end figures: How well do details, like the head sculpt, transfer to the actual product?
--

First rate and top notch.

I'll say E&S hits the 94% to 98% range in terms of initial prototype marketing pictures to in hand final production.

Not all of the E&S (in conjunction with BOT/MSE) offerings are my cup of tea, but many of them are and worth the price.

IMHO, E&S is up there with DAM and depending on the figure better than DAM.

E&S also is better in actually reading and taking constructive feedback on their offerings and implementing improvements over time.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Clearly this is modeled after Max Martini's character, Captain Sessions, in the Netflix movie "Spectral".

I watched the movie Friday night, and I must say I wasn't impressed at all.

IMHO, the figure scores very high in the coolness department. Camo, helmet with drop-down special vision goggles and 416 with side-mount GL are all interesting. However, building a fire team or squad (that's certainly what I'd like to do) will be a budget breaker considering E&S's prices. Moreover, I wonder if the picture with the shadowed outlines next to the figure means the rest of the movie characters are going to be released.

BTW I don't think this head and the Dragoon one are similar.

·
12,894 Posts
IMHO, the figure scores very high in the coolness department. Camo, helmet with drop-down special vision goggles and 416 with side-mount GL are all interesting. However, building a fire team or squad (that's certainly what I'd like to do) will be a budget breaker considering E&S's prices. Moreover, I wonder if the picture with the shadowed outlines next to the figure means the rest of the movie characters are going to be released.
--

I know what you mean.

This type of figure (IMHO) definitely warrants a full squad/core team build like the BHD figures.

The shadow outlines to me indicates the other characters from the film are planned and hopefully will be good as this one (thus far).

As always, we need to shop around and plan our 1:6 budget accordingly.

If you don't need/want the second kidney or lung, then there are places you can look into for funding.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Clearly this is modeled after Max Martini's character, Captain Sessions, in the Netflix movie "Spectral".
Looks that way, seems like a fit with the Dragoon head having a bit of a Martini look. If that is the case the cut of the shirt is wrong (non-camo bits don't extend down as far on the arms for Sessions) for that character though. The movie is a bit weird in that there are several different versions of the uniform, and with some the lower parts of the pants are heavily weathered and others it looks like they just slapped some brown fabric in place instead of weathering, making them almost look like they are wearing gaiters. Really weird costume design as there are a number of A-TACS AU off the shell uniforms that they could have chosen. Clothing details are a bit difficult to see in the film as it is lit so poorly.

This time we get a break from the 416s as this one is an M4 (delta ring and front sight). The side mount gl is a weird design in the movie. In some shots the side mounts are some jerry rigged setup, and in others they are using them as an undermount. There are continuity errors from shot to shot as well.

BTW I don't think this head and the Dragoon one are similar.
It is a bit hard to tell with the lighting of the photos, but if you increase the exposure you can see the sculpt lines are the same for facial detailing. There are some interesting looking characters in the film so it is a bit of a missed opportunity (perhaps the other squadies), but the Dragoon head did have a bit of a resemblance to Martini so I can see why it might have been used.

·
Registered
255 Posts
They should start calling this place "Easy to Buy"! Sigh. Another downpayment on the way.

I would love a Max Maritini headsculpt. You could really start in on a "13 Hours" kitbash scene then.

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
easy pass...too many male (and light skinned) operators. would be nice to get a female one for a change, and no... not another sexy one, a realistic one.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
When they announce their figures they are generally very close to being produced so they are very representative of the final product.

·
Registered
249 Posts
E&S need to improve their básic bodies, they are still old school
Not really, their bodies have some bulk to them, which i find very handy. Although, their legs, indeed, require much improvement, floppy as hell!

As for this figure, insta-buy FTW!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts