One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MUST STOP SPENDING ON 1/6
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been a long time since my last review. If you were wondering where I "disappeared to". Well, taking photos, getting the right angles, the right lighting, editing photos, somewhere down the line, it took the fun out of 1/6. I decided to take a break from reviews, and found the fun and joy in kitting up figures without the need to fastidiously document every single step. My life and job have been taking up a lot of time as well.

But well, I am here now, taking things slow, and I present my next review since my hiatus! And the honours go to the *spoiler alert* incredible Easy & Simple 26009R Special Mission Unit Tier -1 Operator Part III "The Raid". Now that's a handful so I will refer to the figure as 26009r or "devgru" from here on out.

Let's jump right into it and explore the figure that finally seduced into doing another view. The box features an AOR 1 style pattern with a graphic of the figure in front.

Once the slip cover is removed, you are greeted with ES's new box style, although it retains the small slim no frills shoe box style box with magnetic opening, it is entirely black. With "Easy & Simple" embossed in metallic on the front and the snow flake logo at the back. Very simplistic! I assume future ES releases will be adopting this style, all they need to do is swap the slip cover

The guns and gear sit in the upper foam tray while the bottom tray holds the helmet, vest and figure itself.

ES26009R is the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] release that features ES's all new 2.0 body. The first 3 being the ES26019 A, B and C. I have to say, the new ES 2.0 Body IS LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than their first body. They should have pushed out the 2.0 body ages ago. The new 2.0 body puts ES in a better position to challenge DAM and SS. As far as I can tell, the 2.0 body is made from 3 different types of material. A soft rubber for the groin, hard rubber for the torso, and normal ABS ? plastic for the rest of the body. ES has even put in the effort to paint the body in a matt skin tone, something that DAM does neglects to do in with their bodies. (Most of the DAM bodies that come with their military figures are painted in a more shiny paint which results in the body giving off a very plastic vibe). I will add photo comparisons later. The old problems that plagued the ES 1.0 body? Loose joints, floppy arms and legs? All resolve with the 2.0 body. ! Yay!

The body has all the flexibility as seen in other modern military offerings.

But one advantage the ES2.0 body has over say the DAM body is the neck hole opening. The ES neck opening on the 2.0 body is more pronounced, and there is a double joint in the neck, enabling the neck to tilt left and right, something that is hard to achieve on the DAM bodies. As referenced in the above picture, the 26009R can adopt a proper shooting stance and bring his weapon of choice up to his eyes to look down the sights properly.

Yup, I said no more loose joints or floppy body syndrome. He can even stand on one leg.

However I noticed some minor issues, the gloves for example slid into the arms a bit too easily. Easy fix, I just wrapped one single layer of tape over the peg and it solved the issue completely. I expect ES to resolve this with ease.

The torso and abdomen moved a bit too easily for my liking. I added some tape to provide more resistance. Again, this is my personal preference. It is perfectly fine. But if you would like there to be more resistance in this area, you can follow my tips.

On to uniform, ES has put in a lot of effort to improve and it shows! The new AOR 1 Crye gen 2 uniform features a very nice cut, not too baggy like the previous Crye uniforms that ES released. Fits like a glove. The AOR 1 pattern and colors have been vastly improved as well. It is my opinion that this is now the best AOR 1 uniform in the market. I will add on comparison shots with SS and DAM AOR 1 patterns later.

Here is the figure with the inner shirt on, check out that full on DEVGRU beard!

With the blow out kit and pistol holster installed.

Here is a full shot of the figure in the AOR 1 CRYE gen 3 uniform.

With the body and uniform done, lets jump to the next big thing in this set, the LBT 6094 with both the 556 AR front and the 9mm MP7 front. It's great that ES has provided us with the MP7 vest front, but well it wont have killed them to provide us with another vest back right? Because whatever configuration you adopt, you will always have one extra vest front wasting away L Oh well, I'm just being greedy. One concern I have about the vest is that the inner cummerbund (right at the bottom of the photo), it's a tad too short, I couldn't properly secure the vest with it, so I just took it out. The other issues is that the under certain strong lighting conditions, you can see that the fabric used for the molle weaves is different from the main vest fabric color. Again, just a minor issue and only visible under strong light. You wont be able to tell any difference under a room light.

I like that ES has provided properly shaped SAPI plate foam cut outs that are THICK and DENSE.

These show the vest in its 2 different configurations. The AR and mp7 pouches are sewn directly onto the vest, just like the real thing!

On to the next killer item, or should I say - items. The guns! The glorious AOR 1 guns. Another reason why I like ES so much is their willingness to improve. By my count, this is the third iteration of the ES AOR 1 camo paint on their weapons. AND IT IS THE BEST ES HAS DONE SO FAR. AND THE BEST IN THE MARKET. ( I will upload comparison pictures between the ES and SS AOR 1 wepaon camos). The 416 comes with RAHG rails, QD sling mount, silencer, vertical grip, Eotech, magnifier, iron sights, PEW, weapon light and slight, all in AOR 1.

The reason why I like the new ES AOR 1 weapon paint is because it is an actual digital print. You can see with your naked eyes the small digital squares that make up the pattern. On the soldier story Hk416 which came with their venerable SS084 Squadron Team Leader, the pattern is blurry and you cannot make out the fine details of the pattern as compared to ES.

Of course you can fully disassemble the 416. ES started out with weapon sets after all.

The secondary weapon is the Mp7 in matching AOR 1 paint. Comes with silencer, another PEW, Aimpoint, short vertical grip, another weapon light and a second sling. Props to ES for not cheaping out on the common weapon accessories like sling and PEQ.

A closer look at the AOR 1 paint on the new ES MP7.

The ES MP7 can be disassembled, but there is no retaining pin, you just pull the entire rear assembly out which is held in place via friction. This is one step behind SS which features an actual disassembly pin that you have to push out to disassemble the Mp7. Besides this, the ES mp7 is great , seeing as how the SS mp7 in AOR 1 goes for big bucks now.

The p226 pistol, holster and 2 extra mags. Nothing interesting here. I would have preferred if ES gave us a FULL COMPLIMENT of AOR 1 styled weapons. Ah well, one can wish.

The 416 and Mp7

You can switch the optics around if you like.

I prefer the aimpoint on the 416 !

Great ! ES has provided us with extra mp7, 556 and pistol mags to fill all the magazine pouches!

The Ops core FAST helmet in AOR 1 style helmet and GPNVG and an all new improved design for the WILCOX NVG mount. I found that the old ES wilcox mounts were terribly fragile and would often split apart while fixing on the NVGs. Trying to glue them back was a HUGE mess as they would often get glued to the rest of the mount and you would lose the ability to adjust the NVG relief from the figures eyes. The new WILCOX mounts are much sturdier and even if the mount separates into its components due to force, gluing them in much easier and will retain the ability to adjust the NVGs.

The following photos show the accessories, pouches, breaching charges and clacker and headset.

I like how ES has studied the DEVGRU reference pictures and even added the blue bottle caps operators liked to attach onto their PTT (push to talk) buttons.

The bolt cutter came wrapped in AOR 1 tape ! cool !

ES provided us with 2 sharpies and 2 ball pens. Pretty cool.

·
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Well that's about it, there are some misc items I have not photographed, like the patches which I think don't show anything interesting or of note as compared to the major items In the set, such as the body, vest, uniform and weapons. Here is the figure in the "MP7 configuration"

Here is the figure in the "MP7 configuration"

The same figure in the "Assault Rifle configuration"

Back view of the "Assault Rifle configuration"

Close up of the "Assault Rifle configuration"

Side views of the "Assault Rifle configuration"

Both the "MP7 configuration" and the "Assault Rifle configuration"

With helmets on

With an additional figure on the right.

If you are interested, it is just the ES26009 fitted with the AOR 1 CRYE NCPC from the ES26109B release, the AOR 1 P226 Holster from the ES26019B and a DAM p226 with mini red dot and silencer from the DAM 78040 Devgru K9 Handler in Afganistan figure. I just though the DAM p226 with mini red dot looked a bit cooler. It fits the ES holster too. So why not? Actually all we need now from Easy & Simple is a Minotaur Half Shell jacket and we can fully recreate the ES version of the legendary Soldier Story SS084 Squadron Team Leader that is incredibly high priced.

Back view of the "Custom"

Close up.

And a group photo with the ES 26019 B on the extreme right.

In summary, I have to say that the ES26009 is THE BEST figure that ES put out so far. ES has worked hard to get here, and that effort is visible. From the vastly improved body, uniform to the all-new AOR 1 colors. I am simply blown away. The little greedy 1/6 me would have preferred if ES had provided us with a second vest BACK , an AOR 1 style p226 and maybe a pair of shooting glasses ! OH I could dream! With some slight modifications on your end, you can have a classic DEVGRU operator sitting on your shelf like he just came out of Abbottabad. The figure is currently more readily available and much more reasonable priced than the SS084 DEVGRU Squadron Team Leader. And provides much more bang for your buck by providing the capability to set up 2 separate figure configurations. If you missed out on the super rare soldier story exclusive SS083 DEVGRU MK46 MOD 1 GUNNER that came with the AOR 1 MP7 and accompanying 6094 with MP 7 mags, you should definitely not miss out on this bad boy. Talking about DEVGRU gunners, hmmmm ES I hope you will be going all the way and give us a full team in due time !

I leave you here at the end of this review, I hope you find it useful, feel free to leave me comments and questions ! Now I gotta go open the rest of the 26009Rs, yep I got more than one !

·
1:6 Warrior
1,595 Posts
Sorry that making all those reviews was becoming tiresome Sam. I can say that they were always well appreciated on my end. Glad you decided to review this figure though. I picked one up as well and it seems to be very nice. So glad that E & S improved their body.

·
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry that making all those reviews was becoming tiresome Sam. I can say that they were always well appreciated on my end. Glad you decided to review this figure though. I picked one up as well and it seems to be very nice. So glad that E & S improved their body.
Thanks ! It's always good to know that the effort benefits collectors out there ! So any comments on your figure ? Do you disagree or agree with some of the points I mentioned ?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm still on the fence about this figure not because of its quality (I'm sure it is more than satisfactory) but because I already line up a full squadron's complements of SEALs and I also despise to have wasted pieces I cannot even use for a kitbash: it's the other side of the coin not having enough magazines and items to fill the given pouches...
But again I always enjoy reading your detailed reviews and as often they help me take a decision: thanks Sam!

·
1:6 Warrior
1,595 Posts
Thanks ! It's always good to know that the effort benefits collectors out there ! So any comments on your figure ? Do you disagree or agree with some of the points I mentioned ?
I haven't taken 'em out of the box to be honest. Just don't have the room to display them all properly unfortunately.

·
super hot outside
4,362 Posts
Thanks for the review Sam! Some great ideas from you, E&S should really listen (esp. that Minotaur jacket ;)). I kinda hate the kneepads but I have spare Soldier Story BDU on the ready to fix that problem. Or maybe I'll get DAM's BDU for that.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
So, this new body, no bare feet and possible incompatibility with hands from other manufacturers and similar regarding the feet. As a body for this figure it's probably good, but perhaps not so good for bashing.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
So, this new body, no bare feet and possible incompatibility with hands from other manufacturers and similar regarding the feet. As a body for this figure it's probably good, but perhaps not so good for bashing.

CHEERS!
It'll work with Dam and Soldier Story wrist pegs as well, but as with their own wrist pegs depending on the tolerances of the wrist pegs which vary from one production run to the next slightly you may need to use the trick Sam shows here (or nail polish/etc) to achieve your desired friction fit. The foot pegs are slightly larger in diameter than DAM, so if you are using those feet you'll need to use nail polish or some other trick to increase the outer diameter on the DAM foot peg to achieve optimal friction.

One thing E&S might want to consider doing is switching away from this style of boot to hollow style molded boots (like with the recent DAM PMSC figure) with a normal foot included with the body. The heavy weight of the boots as they are can be a bit more of an issue as this redesigned body still has some slight tolerance differences between the left and right leg which means a bit of joint tightness inconsistency. Most of the time it isn't a problem (it'll vary from body to body) as the joints are much tighter than their GEN1 body, but with a lighter boot any difference would be less of an issue. When they eventually move to cloth boots (seems to be the number one thing collectors in China are asking for along with better gloved hands) the body would be ready to go.

Agree with Sam that this figure was a nice step forward in overall quality. Body dimensions and tailoring are now much better, pattern colors greatly improved, improved base body, etc. A future variant with a HK45CT would be recommended.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Thanks for coming back swinging, Sam. Not usually in my area, but your review has made me consider going with this figure, for both the representational and usable parts factors. I'm intrigued by the new body, and that's a sharp looking sculpt, too.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
It'll work with Dam and Soldier Story wrist pegs as well, but as with their own wrist pegs depending on the tolerances of the wrist pegs which vary from one production run to the next slightly you may need to use the trick Sam shows here (or nail polish/etc) to achieve your desired friction fit. The foot pegs are slightly larger in diameter than DAM, so if you are using those feet you'll need to use nail polish or some other trick to increase the outer diameter on the DAM foot peg to achieve optimal friction.

One thing E&S might want to consider doing is switching away from this style of boot to hollow style molded boots (like with the recent DAM PMSC figure) with a normal foot included with the body. The heavy weight of the boots as they are can be a bit more of an issue as this redesigned body still has some slight tolerance differences between the left and right leg which means a bit of joint tightness inconsistency. Most of the time it isn't a problem (it'll vary from body to body) as the joints are much tighter than their GEN1 body, but with a lighter boot any difference would be less of an issue. When they eventually move to cloth boots (seems to be the number one thing collectors in China are asking for along with better gloved hands) the body would be ready to go.

Agree with Sam that this figure was a nice step forward in overall quality. Body dimensions and tailoring are now much better, pattern colors greatly improved, improved base body, etc. A future variant with a HK45CT would be recommended.
Thanks,

Sounds to me as though there are many better bodies out there for bashing purposes that would offer better compatibility. I think I'll stick to them.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Thanks,

Sounds to me as though there are many better bodies out there for bashing purposes that would offer better compatibility. I think I'll stick to them.

CHEERS!
If you need the advantages of the increased head movement the revised ES body offers it is a good choice but has the caveats mentioned with hands/feet. If you want a general purpose body for kitbashes the narrow shoulder clones are hard to beat if you don't mind the variable quality. Since retooling all of their bodies last year DAM now offers solid choices for both styles of heads, either through their slim body (supports long neck sculpts) or the DAM muscle body for neckless heads. If you want to use hot toys heads the DAM inner neck connector can be swapped with a hot toys one, generic compatible ones are available, the rubber torso can be slipped off and from there one can change the connector as needed. Since retooling the consistency in the joints has been spot on.

The real takeaway is that regardless of which modern military brand one goes with, you are generally getting a much better and consistent body than what we were getting not long ago. I've gone from throwing out boxes and boxes of bodies to very few.

·
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the review. If I wanted just one devgru on my shelves, this will be the one to get over the DT K9 handler?
MOST DEFINITELY. I have both, some issues you will encounter with the DAM k9 handler would be a bad uniform cut ( pants are too short), fidgety helmet, and well only 1 weapon. Have been really blown away by this release from ES, really went above my expectations.

I suggest buying the K9 doggy separately if you wish to have that k9 set up !

·
Registered
15 Posts
MOST DEFINITELY. I have both, some issues you will encounter with the DAM k9 handler would be a bad uniform cut ( pants are too short), fidgety helmet, and well only 1 weapon. Have been really blown away by this release from ES, really went above my expectations.

I suggest buying the K9 doggy separately if you wish to have that k9 set up !
Awesome! Thank you!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.