One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I got a couple of the E&S boxed rifle sets and some of them are suffering from bent barrels. I tried boiling water and the oven so far with spare rifles to test on, but these methods seem not to be so accurate to work with. I also heard about hair dryer.

Especially with longer barrels or the silencer attached, bent barrels look really pathetic, like your rifle is melting. How could this pass QC?

Any other suggestions or experiences?

THX :)

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I've held bent plastic under hot water before until pliable, straightened it, and then ran cold water over it while holding it straight until it sets. Sometimes you have to over straighten.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don´t think that every single part / rifle will be under QC. It is plastic and all parts are casted from a mold. So if the part will be put out of the mold too early it could be bent and / or altered. This is a Problem with Resin parts and i think with plastic granulat too if it has not cool down enough in the mold.
A friend had one HK 417 orderd and the barrel was curved. Also the flash suppressor was not in line with the barrel. He had to cut the flash suppressor, must heat and bend the barrel to get it straight and then he had to glue the flash supressor back to the barrel to get it right in shape. For the price of E&S weapons it is a shame that such products get out to the customer. All you can do is carefully heat the barrel with boiling water or a heat-dryer and bent it back to the right shape. Also the barrel could be right in shape and the problem comes from the connection between barrel and receiver. The front handle could also be not straight and this could press the barrel a little bit down.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so far to all of you. Will try hot water then again and apply it a bit longer. Test with a spare rifle first.

It's really a shame. With my 416C rifle I just cut the muzzle and glued back in place in an appropriate angle, but the 417 from the 26001 NSDWG Halo figure has a longer barrel, so needs adjustment all the way through!

·
MUST STOP SPENDING ON 1/6
2,017 Posts
Damn, i HATED that problem. I am very ANAL about straight barrels, suppressors, butt stocks, buffer tubes and such

Easy & Simple's early weapon sets had a tendency to come with bent barrels or even sagging buffer tubes.

They have since corrected these issues after ramping up QC and production efforts.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Damn, i HATED that problem. I am very ANAL about straight barrels, suppressors, butt stocks, buffer tubes and such

Easy & Simple's early weapon sets had a tendency to come with bent barrels or even sagging buffer tubes.

They have since corrected these issues after ramping up QC and production efforts.
I've seen this even on some of the newer rifles as well. The SIG from the SCO19 figure for one. There are also issues sometimes with the buffertubes being aligned at an angle as well, although that is less common. For the barrels it might be an idea to borrow an idea from the airsoft world and adapt it to 1/6 production. There are sometimes barrel stabilization pieces/modifications added which basically slip over the barrel and then have side tabs to center the barrel against the rail. Alternatively tabs could be built into the rail or barrel to accomplish the same thing. While not 100% accurate it is a worthwhile trade off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts