One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,894 Posts
Definitely inspired by the film SPECTRAL (2016).

The background confirms it.

The film is on Netflix and worth a viewing.

Kudos for Easy & Simple for the upcoming figure. It's all about timing and trending.

:)

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Health and safety is going to want to have a word about the mounting of that grenade launcher. Nice to see the a-tacs pattern. Cool little film, I was wondering if someone would make a figure based on the characters in the film.

·
12,894 Posts
I originally thought the figure was inspired by the 1ST SFOD-D character/operator assigned to Task Force: Spectre from the game MEDAL OF HONOR: WARFIGHTER.

·
has gone Russian...
346 Posts
Really good film, have to agree with the comment above, a figure kitted out in the gear from the 3rd act of the movie would be awesome! - this one looks like it'll have some very interesting parts for kit-bashing too, bravo Easy&Simple

·
12,894 Posts
The anticipation for this offering is obvious.

While this offering of course is a full boxed figure, I do wish E&S would consider producing a limited run of this set sans the figure because there are those who will obviously want everything asides from a body with head sculpt and build a proper squad using bodies and head sculpts of their own preference.

While I understand the business reasons in terms of producing a full boxed figure, I do wish some 1:6 brands/manufacturers primarily focused on boxed figures will consider going the "razor blade" route as well for some releases to test the waters.

In some respects, it would be appreciated by those who end up buying multiple boxed figures only to ditch the head sculpt and body for everything else to save money as well as having to pay premium prices to buy needed components individually where it may costs about the same as a boxed figure as well as having an effect on loose parts vendors who are accustomed to parting out boxed offerings and encountering a fully loaded set without a body.

Of course, I digress.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
E&S is jumping right into the hobby's OODA loop. I was at Timewalker today, and just that whole concept to quality figure momentum was the subject of a lot of complimentary discussion.

It's been a while since I saw Spectral, but as I recall, the weapons were in three generations:

_ The teams' original weapons, which were fairly conventional, as were their optics.

_ The modified grenade launchers and ammunition, to employ the metal spoil. I got the impression that the ammo was lower pressure, so the launchers could be employed in unconventional modes.

_ The mix and match, plug 'n' play super weapons for the finale. This is where the story lost me, entering video/playstation territory.

The first two thirds were at least possible, it seemed to me. The last part, was too much fantasy.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I didn't know that movie at all.

Thanks to the post, I was able to view it and I had a good time.

His universe is a very good source of inspiration for making kitbashes.

Looking forward to see more E & S photos about their action figure.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,040 Posts
E&S is jumping right into the hobby's OODA loop. I was at Timewalker today, and just that whole concept to quality figure momentum was the subject of a lot of complimentary discussion.

It's been a while since I saw Spectral, but as I recall, the weapons were in three generations:

_ The teams' original weapons, which were fairly conventional, as were their optics.

_ The modified grenade launchers and ammunition, to employ the metal spoil. I got the impression that the ammo was lower pressure, so the launchers could be employed in unconventional modes.

_ The mix and match, plug 'n' play super weapons for the finale. This is where the story lost me, entering video/playstation territory.

The first two thirds were at least possible, it seemed to me. The last part, was too much fantasy.
Oliver, this was the movie I was talking about.

E&S has been hitting some real home runs with releases lately, and this looks to be no exception. I'm really looking forward to the figure and gear this time. The ATACS- AU kit looks awesome, and right in line with a futuristic bash I have running through my mind. It even looks like they chose the Max Martini head sculpt just by guessing at the picture and the shirt he was wearing.

I have to agree on the timeline and plot of the movie after watching it last night. The last bit seemed like another movie was added on and quite rushed. Didn't really jive with the first 2/3 of it. That said, I loved the gear throughout, and the Weta Workshop involvement in it. The SFX really reminded me of D9 and Elysium. Futuristic, but grounded with current tech. And is it just me or did anyone else feel it had a very similar vibe to Aliens in the plot line? The GL looks like the EGL units used on SCAR's, and those are upgraded versions of the old M79/203 models (although made by FN) which have the hi/Low pressure system in the ammo. I imagine the rounds for the newer EGL employ a similar internal system. (SPOILER ALERT!!!) I was actually surprised to see a top drawer unit not using silenced weapons in an operation like that... another head-scratcher in the movie.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Oliver, this was the movie I was talking about.

E&S has been hitting some real home runs with releases lately, and this looks to be no exception. I'm really looking forward to the figure and gear this time. The ATACS- AU kit looks awesome, and right in line with a futuristic bash I have running through my mind. It even looks like they chose the Max Martini head sculpt just by guessing at the picture and the shirt he was wearing.

I have to agree on the timeline and plot of the movie after watching it last night. The last bit seemed like another movie was added on and quite rushed. Didn't really jive with the first 2/3 of it. That said, I loved the gear throughout, and the Weta Workshop involvement in it. The SFX really reminded me of D9 and Elysium. Futuristic, but grounded with current tech. And is it just me or did anyone else feel it had a very similar vibe to Aliens in the plot line? The GL looks like the EGL units used on SCAR's, and those are upgraded versions of the old M79/203 models (although made by FN) which have the hi/Low pressure system in the ammo. I imagine the rounds for the newer EGL employ a similar internal system. (SPOILER ALERT!!!) I was actually surprised to see a top drawer unit not using silenced weapons in an operation like that... another head-scratcher in the movie.
VERY NICE INDEED! I also like the last of the opened package. Nice throwback to the old space-saving coffin boxes I grew up with on the old Joes!

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
The anticipation for this offering is obvious.

While this offering of course is a full boxed figure, I do wish E&S would consider producing a limited run of this set sans the figure because there are those who will obviously want everything asides from a body with head sculpt and build a proper squad using bodies and head sculpts of their own preference.

While I understand the business reasons in terms of producing a full boxed figure, I do wish some 1:6 brands/manufacturers primarily focused on boxed figures will consider going the "razor blade" route as well for some releases to test the waters.

In some respects, it would be appreciated by those who end up buying multiple boxed figures only to ditch the head sculpt and body for everything else to save money as well as having to pay premium prices to buy needed components individually where it may costs about the same as a boxed figure as well as having an effect on loose parts vendors who are accustomed to parting out boxed offerings and encountering a fully loaded set without a body.

Of course, I digress.
I agree with you a hundred percent. Due to the fact I'm tired of spending anywhere from 160 to 240 for figures and most of the time hate the head and body. I have made a decision to quit buying box set due to poor bodies and (limited articulation...aimed at hot toys) now I go to One company which will remain nameless for my female and male bodies and buy loose parts. Saves me a lot of money, I love Easy and Simple outfits and accessories. I just don't want to pay for a head and body I am not going to use....the same goes for Dame and SS

1 - 20 of 25 Posts