One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I whipped this up a few weeks ago, but forgot to post the link here.

For your reading enjoyment, it's the Easy & Simple 26046R 75th Ranger Regiment 2nd Btn figure. This one is the regular (R) release of the figure. the 26046S version has different rifles and uniform.

As always, feel free to comment, or add your own assessments of the figure.

Some teaser pics of the review. More details and pics in the review.

Font Poster Metal Book cover Art

Camouflage Military camouflage Ballistic vest Machine gun Military uniform

Camouflage Ballistic vest Military camouflage Cargo pants Military person

·
1/6 Hoarder
1,393 Posts
My 1/6 spending has been scaled way back. The last full figure I bought was one of the recent ES multicam SMU figures a year or two ago. I can't even remember what the last one was before that. ES's multicam has always been a little off to me. Their plate carriers and MOLLE stuff has never reached the quality level of DAM and Soldier Story IMO. Their bodies are OK but I avoid them.

That being said, ES has by far the friendliest priced figures of the modern military 1/6 manufacturers at this point. Also, I'm loving the focus of their figures but I'm obviously bias being an American. Their weapons are as good as anyone else's. Their headsculpts are mostly very good. They are much more prolific and quicker with releases than the other companies and they seem to be constantly improving.

While I don't buy many full figures anymore, I'm always hunting for loose pieces from ES for my collection. This Ranger reminds me of a much more updated version of DML's old woodland Rangers or the ACU ones released by Hot Toys.

**One last gripe - I absolutely hate what ES have been doing with their elastic helmet straps. The stretchy material never seems long enough and I've ripped a few of them trying to get them onto ES bearded figures.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new Mk3 Buddy body is quite good, and the loose joints issue seems to have been cured on these new bodies. So that's a win. Previous bodies were just hit and miss, or with the first gen bodies, a total miss.

Prices still seem to be fairly decent to market standards. I do wish that E&S could pull up their socks so-to-speak as far as quality goes so the price is more reflective of that. But quality is getting better as they go along. They did drop the ball on this figure a bit, compared to the 26044 Evacuation Team figures that were just recently released. Those issues are covered in the review though, so I won't beat a dead horse.

E&S is almost too prolific with the figure releases in my opinion. As a consumer, I would prefer they take a bit more time with their products and work out the little issues that are still issues after being on the radar for a bit. And that might also help with buyers being able to afford figures on a more steady release schedule. Not like the old Playhouse schedule of 2 figures per year, but maybe something more like 8 to 10 per year. We're already at or past that number now and have about 6 to 8 more on the way depending on when they actually release. At about $200+ per release that's still kind of costly, and an aggressive release schedule. And that's not including the accessory sets. It definitely means you still have to choose what you like, and not just buy everything that comes out, unless you can afford to do that. Almost hard to believe we still talk about figure prices the same way almost 15 years later. I guess folks are still buying though even with all the jumps in prices.

Since I have most of the Ranger figures released, it's nice to see the evolution of the gear over the years. And the differences in the brands as we've progressed as well. Even compared to the Soldier Story Ranger that came out almost 10 years ago, the quality and change is quite different.

The helmet issue with the straps is still going on, and the fit on the bearded sculpts is just such a pain to deal with, especially the bigger beards. At least that's a non-issue with this figure. Not so much on previous releases. I don't know why they don't just go back to adjustable regular strap material and buckles that we have seen on other brands' previous releases. A bit of a head scratcher there, but there must be a reason for it. I just don't know what it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts