Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Easy&Simple 26018 NSW Direct Action Breacher

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
MK-16 is an odd choice for NSW... I think Rangers are the only ones that held on to them for a long time.

That being said, it's a damn nice MK-16... Though I think the scar heavy with a 5.56 lower Easy Simple released a while ago was more relevant.

The breaching charge is excellent.

·
Lurker
333 Posts
Not going to complain about black kit, but why call this guy NSW? Maybe calling it #2 in their CIA Direct Action series would be more fitting.

And I was hoping for more breaching gear. Maybe some shotgun stuff, a hammer, etc...

·
Nactu...Pheractu...Nictu?
2,318 Posts
Yes, it is an odd looking setup, but the mask, Multicam Black fatigues and rifle (albeit in different calibre) are accurate to this guy (according to DEVTSIX, a SEAL operating in Iraq 2015-17. The black isn't for night ops - it's to fit in with Iraqi SOF, who wear it on most ops. Army SF and others have also been known to wear black when working with these guys.)

18578593_1910488919221574_2036755120_n by Super68, on Flickr

The S&S PC (wish it wasn't black...) is also somewhat accurate - there's a pic out there somewhere of a SEAL using one with the American flag-wrapped plate, which I can't find right now unfortunately.

·
Registered
190 Posts
One small point, a MK17 is very accurate for a SEAL, as your photo shows... As indicated by the large, boxy magazine, that rifle fires 7.62 NATO.

SEALs seem to love MK17s.

The rifle in this kit is very different, as it is a MK16, firing 5.56 NATO. They didn't stay in anyone's armories very long. Rangers used them for a while, and may still, but they were ACTUALLY MK17s with modified lower receivers and a 5.56 barrel/bolt swap. You can identify them by the extra material present in the forward part of the trigger guard.

While this rifle is very well kitted out, I don't think it's too accurate for a US SOF team.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I am lukewarm here. I'm as big an E&S fan as anyone, but this one isn't piquing my interest so much. Bits and pieces ike the breaching charges, head sculpt, and chest pieces are nice, but the rest of it elicits kind of a "meh." On the fence.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
The S&S PC (wish it wasn't black...) is also somewhat accurate - there's a pic out there somewhere of a SEAL using one with the American flag-wrapped plate, which I can't find right now unfortunately.
flag.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts