One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MUST STOP SPENDING ON 1/6
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, got my hands on the E&S M110.
The box is tan, instead of the usual black, just like the m110.
Same layout, this time with a cover sheet depicting how to fit the scopes on the rails.
(more about this later)
Upper foam holds the rifle and accessories, while the lower compartment contains the display rack and accompanying hooks.

This is the m110 and all the accessories provided. ( i left out the rail covers and rear iron sights)

All kit up:

About fitting the accessories on the m110 rails, as the front end of the rifle is blocked by a knob that flips up the front iron sights, you have to pull back the charging handle and fit the accessories onto the rail from the rear.
Although if you are up to it, i would suggest disassembling the rifle into the upper and lower receivers, slip the accessories on and assemble the weapon again. Much easier this way.

Front flip up iron sights : I didn't even know it was there as it was so flush with the rest of the rail.

Fully stripped :

I have to say the quality of the rifle is much improved from the M27 and Hk416 from E&S. The rails are smooth, paint application good, charging handle action is working and smooth as well. I could have mistaken this as a weapon produced by Soldier Story. The rails fit the accessories with no major problems, without any sanding.

For the Hk416 they solved the tight rail problem by sanding down the rails a little which reduced the "sharp and crisp" look of the rails. This problem is non - existent on the m110. As E&S gets the hang of manufacturing weapons, i believe the quality will only increase or maintain at the level of the m110.

The retaining pin on the M110 is much better than that in the Hk416. It slides in and out with easy when you are disassembling ( after "decomposing" many E&S hk416s i found that the retaining pin was not that great, with some stuck in place. NO such issues with the M110.

Unfortunately the fire selector is not movable. Wierd considering it was working on the Hk416.
The wording and carving on the rifle is amazing! The words are not printed on but rather carved into the plastic. :

Excuse my sub-par photography, but you can read the words with the aid of a magnifying glass or not ( if you have good eye sight).

There is a big shiny lens on the night vision sight.

Very well done, but dont press it with your finger nails or anything sharp as it will leave a mark !
What i like about the night vision sight is that there is a soft rubber scope cover that can be moved into place to cover the lens.

The bipod is extendable, but the extended bipod legs are a bit filmsy, and i have to say i don't really like it. Will be displaying the bipod in the collapsed position.

The butt-stock is adjustable as well and the rails fit accessories from other brands as well. Pictured below is an SS Acog and FS AFG-1.

Very well done indeed and i cant wait for the next release.

·
Procastinatus Excelentus
1,226 Posts
Better than the IAR and 416 set?

Impressed already.

Actually, they had me impressed when they showed the flush front sight, that lil' feature is CRAZY.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Love the misspelled words...gotta do somthing to get it past customs

·
Registered
91 Posts
wow this is the toy, I would have liked toys of this quality when I was a child (in years "80). I hope that kids play with action figures and accessories, it would be a shame it is only adults who collect them!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Dammit I didn't realize those words were there at all!

But seriously, this gun is goooooood..

And hey guys, is there a difference between M110 (E&S) and MK12 (from SS)?

Because those two looks almost the same.. other than the mag for M110 is bigger than MK12..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.