Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See subject.

Some of you will "get it".

Most of you likely will "not get it".

Leg Art Hat Thigh Event

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't 'sell yourself' short trying to earn extra money; just avoid spending money on 'necessities' like kids college, updated appliances, updated car, larger place to live, health insurance, food. Easy.

/s

·
Registered
277 Posts
I can't write enough about how increasing prices are killing this hobby. And the messed up thing is, it's justified only to an extent.

Yes, sculpting has gotten better with the heads. Detail to clothing has improved a lot. But weapons, for example, have been just as good, if not better, in the past.

Then there is the issues of bodies. Both male and female bodies are cheap as hell on some of these "premium" figures. Not all female figures come with Phicen bodies. The bodies they do come with do not have seamless arms, which makes them look awful on display.

Then there's skin tone. When has a head sculpt actually matched the body? Take a good look under proper lighting. They don't match. Hardly worth the "premium" price.

Also, take a step back and assess a "premium" fantasy figure offering. What are you getting? Sometimes all you get is a decent head sculpt, a crap body, a cloak (a $10 value), and a spear. You might get some armor, but that's hardly a consolation. You might get a good shield.

Is it worth the $$$ you paid?

The same goes for historical figures. That rifle that alone sells for $44 is extremely fragile. Whoops, you just broke off some pieces gently reviewing it. I remember the days of hardy plastic rifles that looked almost as good. That "extra realism" isn't worth the extra $$$ in my opinion. Especially with the fragility issue.

With historic figures, you can claim to "add value" by throwing in a bunch of unnecessary accessories. Extra backpack, check. Another bedroll? Check. Let's throw in some gloves! That's added value, right? Now jack the price. Look at all the extra crap you get with your historical figure. It's worth it right? 80% of the extra stuff won't make it on your display, and will just sit in the box, so is it really worth it?

I just don't care about all the extra accessories. I don't particularly care that the grenades are metal now, instead of plastic.

World Peacekeepers figures cost between $10-$15 at my local Big Lots. I'm thinking of paying them a visit.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yes, I get it. For a fleeting second, I thought the people in the pic were the Mom (making herself pretty for OnlyFans to support her son's addiction) and the older son who never moved out of the house.

But, then I realized I was wrong about who is who, and, somehow, the son is smoking hot!

Seriously, with some of these transgenders/cross-dressers, it's getting harder to tell whether the "goods" are factory-installed equipment or aftermarket add-ons! What's a single guy to do these days?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts