One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks shazzdan! Markh, I have some really good drawing of the harness works for a German WW2 wagon,which is why I couldn't bring myself to build them,way too much tedious work!
A couple years ago I build an ox cart,because I found a 1/6th ox at a yard sale and a pair of Dragon horse drawn kitchen wheels,turned out really nice,but when I tried to build the harness for just one ox I got so frustrated I gave up!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That would be a lot easier then all that complicated leather strapping,I'll have to pull the ox cart down and take a look at it,thanks.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,081 Posts
I wish I could remember the name of the member who made all the leather holsters, straps and harnesses for figures. He would probably be able to make some great horse accessories if he had the horses to work with. I think he was from Mexico.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks alot Sazzdan! Althought not as often seen in Europe as they were in the US I did find some pictures of oxen in a yoke in Germany,and it was so much easier to build that all that leather harness work,now I have to finish detailing the ox,which is actually a 1/8th scale Long Horn but it works well with the cart!
Wheel Vertebrate Working animal Wood Mammal
Wheel Working animal Wood Art Vehicle

21 - 26 of 26 Posts