One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I pr-ordered the 1st two (Leonardo & Raphael) of DreamEx's Turtles when they originally announced them. A little while ago, they announced the other 2 (Michelangelo and Donatello), but with the exception of Big Bad Toy Store, I'm not seeing any other US sellers who carried the 1st two stocking the others. Just curious if anyone with their ear more to the ground in the 1/6 community had heard anything on the subject, or why everyone backed off on the others. Issues? Low sales? Just curious if anyone has heard anything.

I actually got the Leonardo figure in recently, and he's pretty fantastic. It's a really cool line, and I'm looking forward to the rest.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I saw some reviews on Leo and Raph on youtube. They look great, but I wish the pizza slices looked gooey. I want to get Raphael, but if I buy one I would have to buy them all.

Saw Donatello and Michelangelo for pre-order at USH. Hopefully, I wish DREAM EX makes Splinter, Bebop, Rock-steady, Foot soldiers, April, Karai and my favorites: Usagi, Mondo Gecko, Slash, and Rat King. Those were my favorite figures when I was a kid.

Maybe other US sellers are saturated with the ThreeZero movie versions, the NECA 1/4 movie figures, ThreeZero Comic versions, the Mondo ones and others. In my opinion, the more variety, the better.

I almost bought the Mondo versions because of the accessories and the different shades of green color, but I really like the DreamEX versions.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure what the problem might be. I have all 4 of them in stock.
What?! How have I never found your store before? Didn't come up in any of my searches. But your prices look great, and you're right across the river in Brooklyn (I'm in NJ), so you can definitely expect to see some orders from me.

I had bought Leonardo and Raphael & Leonardo from Ekia, and I know Monkey Depot had them too. But neither picked up Donatello or Michelangelo, which just seemed strange to me. Big Bad was carrying them for $20 more each than anyone else, and I hate not being able to pay for pre-orders up front, so I was looking for other options.

I'm actually bidding on a couple auctions right now, but if I keep getting beat on them, I'll probably order a set from you next week. Your prices are totally fair, but a friend just grabbed them up on ebay for $130 each, so I have to at least try for a steal like that.

And just a heads up, your link to your shop is miss-spelled in your signature, so the link doesn't work (missing the "t" at the end of "out").

I saw some reviews on Leo and Raph on youtube. They look great, but I wish the pizza slices looked gooey. I want to get Raphael, but if I buy one I would have to buy them all.

Saw Donatello and Michelangelo for pre-order at USH. Hopefully, I wish DREAM EX makes Splinter, Bebop, Rock-steady, Foot soldiers, April, Karai and my favorites: Usagi, Mondo Gecko, Slash, and Rat King. Those were my favorite figures when I was a kid.

Maybe other US sellers are saturated with the ThreeZero movie versions, the NECA 1/4 movie figures, ThreeZero Comic versions, the Mondo ones and others. In my opinion, the more variety, the better.

I almost bought the Mondo versions because of the accessories and the different shades of green color, but I really like the DreamEX versions.
You're right, Urban Samurai does have them up. I'm fairly sure they didn't last time I checked, so maybe they added them recently. One Sixth Outfitters has them well beat on price though, so it looks like he'll be getting my money.

And you're probably right, there are a ton of Turtles right now vying for our $$. The movie versions were an easy pass for me. There are actually a lot of the design elements I really love about the movie Turtles, but I mostly hate that they're so huge. I love in the comics that these short little ninja bad-asses, not these giant hulks. How are you stealthy when you're that huge? Why bother becoming a ninja if you're a gigantic powerhouse? It just seemed a weird direction to go.

The Mondo versions are really cool. Michael Crawford did some awesome reviews of them, and they look like a ton of fun. The size looks great and the accessories are awesome. And I have a lot of love for the original Mirage incarnations of the characters. I was really on the fence about it too, but the Dream EX ones sold me. I've been wanting to do custom TMNT figures for a while, and was just looking for the right starting point. And Dream EX is killing it with what is definitely the cartoon designs, but done in a realistic style. Some of the accessories are a bit cheesy, since they're very cartoon based. And you're right, the pizza is not fantastic looking (although I love that they included it at all). But the turtles, weapons, pounches, straps all look top notch. Mondo's are all sculpted plastic, and look very toy-ish, where Dream-Ex has all faux-leather straps and metal weapons, and are just at a different level. I wish they had a little better range of motion, but I'm being nitpicky. They're fantastic figures.

I'm hoping too that they stick with the line. I know they had pics of a work in progress Krang some where. I really wanted to add my own aesthetic to my Turtles figures and I plan to add some samurai details to Leonardo, more of a ninja look to Raphael, really tech out Donatello and make Michelangelo a straight up brawler, playing up that urban/skater look. I already finished my Casey Jones, and although I haven't gotten around to getting a bunch of good pictures yet, I have one up on my instagram here. I've been brainstorming on an approach to my own April and Shredder, but for any of the mutants, I definitely want a base figure to work off. Splinter, Rocksteady and Bebop, and Mondo Gecko would be SO RAD.

·
Registered
225 Posts
ReverendSpooky, did you get these figures? I'm waiting for Leo as well. I got Donatello, Mikey, Raphael, and Shredder so far. I'll do a full review on all of them when Leonardo arrives. Your Casey Rocks! You should also make Muckman or Mutagen Man.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ReverendSpooky, did you get these figures? I'm waiting for Leo as well. I got Donatello, Mikey, Raphael, and Shredder so far. I'll do a full review on all of them when Leonardo arrives. Your Casey Rocks! You should also make Muckman or Mutagen Man.
I did end up getting the full set! I grabbed them on ebay from someone in China for a great price. I haven't even started working on them yet, but I couldn't resist at least getting a picture of them all together with Casey as soon as they came in.

And Muckman or Mutagen Man?! Going for some deep cuts! Lol. Although I have a friend demanding an Ace Duck, so I'm not saying anything. Mutagen Man might actually be a REALLY cool figure to work on. Have to think on it for a bit. Started putting together some ideas for April, and Shredder is a must. And thinking I need to grab up a set of the Mondo Mousers before they're gone everywhere. Turtles stuff is just too much fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts