One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

Just wondered if anybody knows were I might locate a Dragon WWll Tankers helmet & Goggles. I have Just finished The Dragon M4A3 Sherman, and am finding it really difficult to make up the crew figures.

Any help would really be appreciated

Ken

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
You and every one else that has that tank. Dragons tankers were released years ago so there are no new releases to get parts from.

Anyone that has them probably will not sell them becasue they are so hard to find.

I have a few,but am hanging on to them for the same reason, you can't replace them.

Hopefully with the new tank release, someone might come out with a new tanker.

other then that keep watching eBay and jump on any that may pop up.

The other alternative is to make yours a British Tank... as the Brit Jump helmets are available and cheap everywhere and its an easy mod to make it a tanker helmet...but there are a few big mods you would need to do to your tank...:thumb

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Hey

Just wondered if anybody knows were I might locate a Dragon WWll Tankers helmet & Goggles. I have Just finished The Dragon M4A3 Sherman, and am finding it really difficult to make up the crew figures.

Any help would really be appreciated

Ken
The 21st Century Toys or even the one from SOTW are decent looking and
very acceptable tanker helmet molds. Pair it with the goggles from BBI's Pearl
Harbor fighter pilot, then you'll have a nice looking and presentable headgear!

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Yeah, it's funny to think that the History Channel Patton figure sat on shelves and got marked down for years.....now that DML has made affordable tanks, their value has mysteriously risen......:wink

·
Registered
950 Posts
You said it Al. I bought a couple of Patton figures at 19.99 each a few years ago. That is quite the jump in price for a helmet.
I've seen some tanker helmets on EBAY that look like the Cotswald helmet (they are softer vinyl and look quite good) they seem to average out to 10or 12 dollars once the dust settles. This is a fantastic opportunity for some one to release a tanker figure, or for some one like Battle Gear Toys to come out with their own helmet. With two Stuarts and a Sherman I could use a few more helmets.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I beleive Armorpax in the UK sells a white metal US tanker helmet for 1/6 heads, of course it has to be painted.

I dont know if thats any help?

Cheers,

Stu

·
Registered
13 Posts
Armorpax in the UK are selling white metal, extremely well detailed helmet kits for 18.00 British pounds not sure what that equates to in US dollars plus p&p of course.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just seen this item on Ebay might be worth a look. Item number 331110354520 custom made resin helmet selling in the US too.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Another, now hard to find alternative, and maybe a bit pricier, but you get all the pieces in one shot, is the Lt Col Abrams Cyber Hobby figure.

You can also mix and match items to make your crew, with some non tanker items.

Finally, way back when Cots made some pieces that could come in useful if no other items are found...

Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
799 Posts
I bought one of those custom resin tanker helmet on EBay. Not bad, just needs painting/ weathering, it's worth getting if one has the time and skill.

Somebody needs to release/ or rehash a U.S. tank crewman with the helmet and other gear. It would be very useful to go along with the DML Sherman and could be used for kitbash subjects as late as the Korean War and even for Israeli tankers in the Six Day War.

Instead we get more Germans and SpecOps.

Redundant, redundant, redundant...:rant

1 - 12 of 12 Posts