One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the different between two new British Army?

Everything the same as before box set just only the backpack and vest is different? Grenadier Guards without grenades?

Any real reference picture of Grenadier Guards or Irish Guards what equipment should be included? Anyone will buy these new set?

Attachments

·
WIP Basher =0)
4,802 Posts
basically the other set has the camo bergen pack and the other has the so so Osprey BA

If your into accuracy, don't get this set, if you don't mind bashing your own it's a good set to start with, and its readily available in the market.
Hopefully another manufacturer will bring out a wayyyyyyyyyyy better one soon.

my review about DML Louis Fletcher
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78098

Grenadier Guards and Irish Guards are identical to your basic British soldier, just different badges and patches, beret colors also varies

more info
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?p=681019#post681019
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78012&highlight=Osprey
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77544&highlight=Osprey

lots of ref pics here
http://www.defenceimagedatabase.mod.uk/fotoweb/Grid.fwx

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
how the heck can those guys even see the bad guys with all that black junk on their faces?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
To be honest

What the different between two new British Army?

Everything the same as before box set just only the backpack and vest is different? Grenadier Guards without grenades?

Any real reference picture of Grenadier Guards or Irish Guards what equipment should be included? Anyone will buy these new set?
Honestly if you want the newer release and don't care about the innacurate and plainly fanciful civilian backpack then do an online search for DML's AARON. It is the same figure just minuis the backpack. Loiuos is also the same figure but has the later Osprey armour but only half of it . They botched the back.
Cheers
Al

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Something's better than nothing, if all we do is complain then DML will go back to WW2 Germans! It's all about the money, DML want to keep their stuff affordable and it looks as though they may cut corners to do so. But why should that matter? They know as well as we do that we'll only bash the figures to put better gear on anyway.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Companeros,
Im not into modern, but I can feel your frustration. I know its beating a dead horse, but I still do not understand how they can put the time into putting together a figure and then have so many errors.

good luck
siquisiri

·
Unkempt
403 Posts
Something's better than nothing, if all we do is complain then DML will go back to WW2 Germans! It's all about the money, DML want to keep their stuff affordable and it looks as though they may cut corners to do so. But why should that matter? They know as well as we do that we'll only bash the figures to put better gear on anyway.

CHEERS!
I disagree, nothing is better than something that isn't right; especially on a major item such as the uniform. We aren't talking about something minor like a pair of kneepads being wrong here. The uniform is the base for any figure and if the base is wrong the whole is wrong. I don't see why we should be happy with the tat they give us just so there's an off-chance they'll make more tat for us in the future. Let them go back to their WW2 Germans, it is afterall at least something they do well, and where their priorities seem to lie.

·
Registered
19,834 Posts
People! People! Stand down, relax. Deep breath for everyone right? OK then. DML hates you. Yes they do. They laugh at your distress and make fun of your comments. We know this to be true by there very actions, yes we do. DML is a butt humping pile of crazed monkeys who pee on the feet of the modern collector and laugh at us while doing it. Yes they do. If DML cared in the slightest about offering us anything worth of note, they'd have done it. But no. What we get is not one but two badly designed and produced Brit figs that no one wants! HA! Suck on that fanboy!! DML Freddy is pretty much taking a dump on your head and asking you to thank him for it, well I say no thank you.

My message to DML Freddy is this, Do it right and we'll buy it, but stop the half hearted efforts and stuff the arrogant attitude. No one appreciates it, and it makes you look like a petty spoiled child.

I for one would rather have DML do excellent work and offer us a figure we all go WOW! then to see more threads like this one come up. But hey, I'm an optimist.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

CHEERS!
In my case its a matter of $75-90 AUD. Why should i buy a product that was lame the first time round just becuase they half heartedly did one new piece. Why should I buy a figure with:
A weapon that will need replacing
A uniform I have to change as it is the wrong colour
a vest i have to modify and scratchbuild a new back
Buy extra belt gear to bring him up to basic standard
Buy Boots

Oh of course, I'm buying it so I get a DML figure because the HS is all thats new or worthwhile. If we all say, thanks, great figure they will continue to release this crap and never move on so we are no better off.
They can go back to WW2 Germans although my mates tell me with the AM and other brand german stuff avail now their days are numbered in that Genre too.

I'm beyongd trying to justify wasting money on one. For a $100 AUD I can get a DID figure with a heavy weapon, two uniforms and bulk acc. True the gear is usually a mismash but not all sets and the gear is far greater quality and great bash and trade fodder. Much more value for money than a figure with little redeemable such as DML's return to the Genre.

I don't buy anything else thats mediocre at premium prices and I don't intend to start now. If DML weren't so arrogant and didn't employ such unsavoury tactics then I may cut them some slack but no more.
Al

Honestly , this is a cynical attempt to reissue a mediocre product.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Points taken in some respects,

However, DML is all I can get and when people start whinging and DML stop doing anything different, it means that I can't get anything worth bashing at all. Military nuts can pick figures apart all they want, but not everybody is one. I don't give a rats about whether they've used the correct velcro or not I just want a figure with some different gear for a change.

CHEERS!

·
Unkempt
403 Posts
Points taken in some respects,

However, DML is all I can get and when people start whinging and DML stop doing anything different, it means that I can't get anything worth bashing at all. Military nuts can pick figures apart all they want, but not everybody is one. I don't give a rats about whether they've used the correct velcro or not I just want a figure with some different gear for a change.

CHEERS!
I see your point, but not everybody wants to use items for fantasy figures (graw was it you mentioned elsewhere?). If DML had advertised it as a graw (is it from a game or something?) figure, I'm sure it wouldn't matter about the accuracy as you mentioned, but they are advertising it as a real world modern British soldier- so we expect them to get the real world kit right. It's not as if it's Victorian or Napoleonic kit we're talking about where the 1:1 refs are scarce, modern British kit can be picked up very cheaply from surplus stores and ebay, so they have no excuses for getting their research wrong! if it was something as minor as velcro being wrong, as I said earlier, I doubt it would matter to most of us. When it's the entire uniform it becomes a different issue as you can probably imagine. That's why we complain bitterly about it. As it is, this figure is not useful to those who are after an accurate representation of this soldier as advertised by DML. Surely if it was accurate it would still be useful to you for your graw 'bashes, and it would also be useful to us 'military nuts'. Everyone's happy then :jump4joy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts