One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

It appears that a few websites have pre orders up for Dragon kits for the Willy's Jeep, Kubelwagen, Schwimmenwagen, and Panzer II. I would assume these are newly produced kits, but if not maybe a lot of old stock was found?

Either way, as someone who got into this hobby recently, I missed the majority of Dragon's reign. Now a Panzer II would cost nearly $500+ but this kit cuts that price in half. Hopefully with some of these Kits and more to come that'll change, maybe they'll introduce a figure line. Maybe they're not back at all? Does anyone have the answers?

· 1:6 Acquisitionist
13,360 Posts
No.

DML is not making a comeback.

The kits you specified if I remember correctly were previously offered a few times. They're just producing them again to satisfy those who still want them.

· Registered
3,017 Posts
Might be trying to solicit orders to see if they get enough to bother with a production run. Some of the larger scale Dragon stuff has popped up for preorder in recent years then gotten cancelled again after a period of time, with presumably not enough preorders to justify a run.

· I'm BACK!!
22,103 Posts
I was always under the impression that, in terms of model kits, Dragon never went anywhere. Here is their site, alive and well:

Dragon Models Limited

After the 1/6 figures disappeared, a number of the accessories were released in kit form, such as the HEER gear that Kurz came with and the recoil-less rifle that came with Eddie Parker and the vehicles that the OP mentioned.

CHEERS!

· IS HE LIVE OR IS HE DEAD?
2,388 Posts
If they are re-releasing these satisfy those that want them then it would be nice if they'd sell their figures again. Great custom fodder!

· I've been Minimoyzed
14,304 Posts
They have been really slow, but not stopped totally. We saw all those British Falklands troops not too long ago, and keep getting random movie stuff.

I would be interested in a Schwimmwagen if one was released again.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Funny enough I started this hobby up August of 2016 and didn't see anything on those, from what I recall. I'll probably pick up a Schwimmenwagen and Jeep kit, even put a PZII on preorder and just hope they release it. I could use it as some eastern front "old stock" and maybe run with it. I just can't justify $500+ on a small tank, $1000+ for the larger ones. Maybe one day :lol

· Registered
3,017 Posts
Toys R Us is about to file chapter 11, so the chances of seeing a non-enthusiast line would have to be seen as extremely unlikely. Without a large player like that with a huge retail base you just can't hit the numbers to make things viable. BBI has tried to tip toe back in with some experiments at Target but those have failed miserably and saw BBI get their skus delisted and redirected through various liquidation chains. I could see Dragon making things viable in the more enthusiast side of the market, but nothing like the output they used to do.

· Registered
539 Posts
There was a Kubelwagen (Desert) that I picked up hoping to make it R/C. Don't know much of the Schwimmer (actual and model) and so had no idea what to offer even if I did. I agree with you One-Six in that it looks 21st and has all of the accessories (both oars!) but other then that not the most spectacular in terms of detail. What is a fair/decent price for something like this?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.