One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here's my next project, awaiting all the parts to show up for this. Won an "Elsa" figure on ebay and plan to give her the works. My first female subject so quite a departure from the norm. Check out what I have in mind, spent today creating cloth insignia for this figure. Original "Elsa" was never supplied with an arm band or sleeve patch. Going to use a phicen body and kumik head, rolled up sleeves the idea. Changing the shoes to black which wouldn't have fit the new body anyway, white hose and a medical kit in the form of a converted officers satchel. Also will include medical canteen.

Joint Toy Blue Thigh Waist

Clothing Forehead Nose Hair Joint

White Product Sleeve Wheel Aircraft

Event Hat Uniform Flag Pole

Ruler Office ruler Rectangle Font Wood

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
there was an updated version of Elsa, came with Steiner.... I think it was a very low quantity release

So, in effect DML made 2 nurses Elsa and Eva.....
Quality aside, no one else did a WWII German nurse......low quality beats no quality, every time......:wink

Gebirgsjäger, great photo of the "real" 1:1 nurses! Good luck with your project.....can't wait to see the finished version! :thumb

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
So, in effect DML made 2 nurses Elsa and Eva.....
Quality aside, no one else did a WWII German nurse......low quality beats no quality, every time......:wink
Our fellow member said low quantity not quality. :thumb

I would agree with your statement though.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Ah, so he did.....my mistake....I'm so used to DML bashing that I didn't pick up on the "N" instead of an "L".....:wink

Yes, that CH release was quite limited......

Wasn't the only other 1:6 military nurse (not counting Barbie) the 1967 G.I. Joe version.....?

·
1:6 OSW member
508 Posts
Good idea! This is exactly what I have in my mind. You are ahead of me. Good luck with your project. Looking forward to seeing it.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
It takes a lot of effort to live up to Senta Berger's Sister Eva in Cross of Iron.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for your comments guys. Yes I discovered images of the Cyberhobby release, rare as hens nads I'm guessing. Redid the sleeve patch, wasn't happy with the touch-up I did. The new and final version below, also a pic of the Dragon body...not hard to improve upon!

Early Dragon body....somewhat lacking in shape.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Heya, Gb!

Looks like you are off to a good start... GREAT work on the sleeve patch!

Looking forward to seeing the finished figure.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Heya, Gb!

Looks like you are off to a good start... GREAT work on the sleeve patch!

Looking forward to seeing the finished figure.
Thanks Russcal,

Yes have only been making insignia for a short time, use printable cotton through an inkjet, surprising detail can be achieved.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Interesting project. I never bought that figure unfortunately, but it shouldn't be so hard to upgrade it to something really good.

Strange that no other company came along and made any nurses? I mean we have so many SS soldiers we drown in them, but the number of nurses and other more niched figures is really low.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Yeah, we could've used more WWII medical types........nurses and medics! I think DML only made 2 German medics; one Heer and one SS........

As for Allied medics, i do believe DML did 2 of them (both U.S.), and CH did a 101st Airborne one......

Not sure what other companies did in the medical department......

1 - 20 of 84 Posts