One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!

I just got a Dragon/DML Eddy (Airport Security Unit, Hong Kong Police). This is my first DML figure with those rubbery "bendy arms."

I've searched OSW to try and find the answers to my questions, but I haven't yet found anything on point for my primary question, which is if those bendy arms are just sleeves, can they be removed to reveal regular arms underneath? If so, how would I go about doing that?

I did find several answers about painting the bendy material, but they disagreed with one another. I'm not planning on posing the figure's hand or having him hold anything. In fact, I'd only need to paint one hand. If I have to keep the bendy arms intact, is acrylic paint going to work? And would you put a sealer on top?

Thanks in advance for any advice. This is only my third action figure custom project. I'm expanding my repertoire beyond -- shh -- Barbies. Hope that's not a dirty word here ;)

·
Looky Loo
1,050 Posts
Hello and welcome to OSW. To answer your question about the rubber being a sleeve? No, there is no regular arm underneath. Those arms were molded with those hard hands to give a seamless look to the arms. Just to let you know if you should put anything in the figures hands don't spread the thumb and index finger too far apart or they may snap off. As to painting a hand, you should use Acrylic (Vallejo) paint and then apply a clear coat on top to seal it. The less the painted hand is fiddled with the longer the paint will stay on it of course. Now you could put the head sculpt on a standard Dragon body and then you would have more poseability at the wrist and be able to swap out flesh hands for gloved hands if you wanted. Also here's a link to help out on figure information in general and compatibility between manufacturers.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/700739-post1.html

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
The rubber arms are pure rubber with a bendy wire in them for posing. I'm going to bet trying to remove the hands and work out a way to get some better ones to fit soon. As for the painting,
trnswrp10 pretty much nailed it.

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
I would bin that body and get yourself another one. IF you like the head put it on a DID all era body or a Dragon NEO body. You can also buy a neck adapter then you can put that head on any of the newer bodies out there today...

http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GISAT-B001

it was an neat approch to try and make seamless arms, but bad execution. :bag

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.