One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Three-legged Beast
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

How has everyone been doing? I guess it has been 4 years since I last posted a message here and the forum software has been telling I haven't been participating lately. :p

Anyway, I just continued working on a woodland kitbash that I started on a few years ago using an original DML Amy figure. While I was attaching some snazzy new pouches on her, I saw a couple of flesh colored pieces of plastic drop to the table's surface. To my horror, Amy's wrist broke but her hand is still hanging on there. I could probably cover up the damage but I'd rather just replace the entire hand.

Since I know that Amy's skin tone is darker than Jennifer and Heather, does anyone know if the skintone of the DML 5-star Amy figure matches the original Amy.

I was also wondering if there are any gloved hands that would fit nicely into her wrist posts.

Thanks in advance!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I added a ? marker and a bit to the title, to see if it gets any nibbles.

Welcome back, and sorry to hear about the hand prob. I don't remember any gloves on "Jennifer" or "Heather", the other DML female troopers. If no one else comes up with a fix/replacement, I think I have some brown gloves from the Armoury Foreign Legion para, which seem a bit smaller. Maybe they could be modified or re-pinned, and even repainted.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
How about hands from the BBi PB Hispanic version. They have a slight yellow tinge but she's more recently and widespread released. Don't know why they didn't make the hands the same colour as the body.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,118 Posts
The Amy figure has a regular release, and the 5 Star release at U.S. military PX(still called that now?) I think the 5 Star one was a darker skin tone. But I can only go by pics and what I have heard since I only have the reg DML release.

·
Three-legged Beast
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody.

Yeah, I have the regular release Amy and she's pretty rare nowadays so I was kinda upset that her hand was falling apart. I'll see what I can do to obtain the new Hispanic PB and 5-star Amy.

I also managed to dig up a DML Abby Chase nude figure in one my parts boxes. Don't remember when I got it originally but she has gloved hands that I could do some paintwork on.

Thanks for all your help. I appreciate.

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
Hello all, I have had all the "amy" figures, and I can tell you they are all different skin tones. The original "Amy" is a sort of deep bronze color, the Caucasian 5 Star "amy" is a very light color, the second version of that figure, i called an Indian figure from 5 star has a dark brown tone to her skin. None are the same.
Here is a pic of the two 5star figures...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts