One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rain again... still managed to take him out to the balcony with my Dad's plants as Jungle BG. Here is my Indy, a bit late and pasted the movie heat, still, thanks to the fantastic HS by a local artist... here is Dr. Jones in the jungle, dirt and sweat, blood and action... as how I always picture him - Greatest Adventurer of all time!

Thanks as always!!! See u next time!

·
Welcome to my Life....
1,081 Posts
Fantastic set of pics and an awesome figure Cal, excellent work !!!

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Wow Calvin, he looks great. If you want to keep that "greatest Adventurer of all time " theory in your mind, don't go see his last movie.

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
That is absolutely awesome C-Lo!! Incredible figure, hs and just love the outdoor pics, you are da man bro, love seeing your figures!! Fantastic :thumb
-mike-
1/6 forever

·
Divine Intervention!
3,026 Posts
WOW Cal, you beat every manufacturer to a Indy Jones :p
I like that headsculpt a lot, very indy-esque with that trademark mischievious slanted smile of his. Good rendition of the character, good work :thumb

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Storm, Ray, JokersWarPig, Rogue Trooper, thainer, Leo, Kngfu, Joy Toy Man, HP, grizzerr, widescene, Mike & Kenny!

No Ray, not Andrew, but the guy who teaches how to paint 1:6 HS in Hong Kong, has this little shop at Ins Point at Yau Ma Tei. He recasts HT's heads and sells them at resonable price, given that you can paint HS, his are good deals. Nice guy!

Yup, HP, I know, watched the movie, not totally impressed, and definitely not happy with the Alien thing... but it is Dr. Jones... so, what the heck.

I bought a second hand Hasbro taling Indy for US$25, only for the Hat, the shirt & Jacket, shoes and the holster gears... used a painted brown DML pants instead, as the Hasbro's is too tight and too thick at the button.

The HS looks better painted, as it does capture the Indy-style smirk, which is very Indianna Jones' "Oh Crap - what the hell" attitude "happy go lucky" type adventurer, while all other manufacturers made a straight face heroic side of him, which is not the Indy I remember... just my opinion.

Well, yeah, thanks to dad's plants, they do look great with 1:6 as BG!

I know many are making their own versions, which is good, even you are gonna buy one from any of the manufacturers, bashing one is more satisfying and is good practice!!!

Thanks as always guys!!!
Next Project - Jess's Annual Sci Fi Competition here I come... LOL!

Calvin

·
i37OH55V O773H
947 Posts
Ah... nice work there... Cal! Lang ah!:thumb

So that's where you went to the little shop in Ins Point, I remembered there was another store with an aunty whose sew 1/6th clothes and costumes for 1/6th.:D

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Cracktroop! Indeed, that's the place, the guy is a pretty good painter of HS, he uses arcylic, whilst I use model paint, not planning to buying all the new paints and stuff, I stay painting the way I always do, eventhough his arcylic works look awsome... and yes, that is the old lady doing commisioned work for 1:6!

Thanks Denedin, appreciated!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.