One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a black version. It comes completely unassembled and would like to know how to put this thing together. One of the problems I have is the actual holster and attaching to the "leg plate." The holes don't match. And I assume the one thinner long belt must be cut in half to make 2?

I should've bought more of the HT CIA holsters. They are the BHI version with the cool belt swivel and double attachment points to the belt.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
BioChem Division
1,207 Posts
this set is complete garbage.

extremely brittle plastic. requires a CRAPload of glue to put together and re-assmeble once youve broken all the pieces trying to put it together.

to answer the original question:

you have to glue it together, because it doesnt line up.

also be careful putting the gun in the holster cause mine split in half trying to put it inside.

and the straps have to be cut to make 2 straps for the thigh.

the thicker strap is for the belt loop.

·
BioChem Division
1,207 Posts
if you dont mind the tedious work it takes to get these holsters to hold up on your figure, the end result can look great.

here are my suggestions for strengthening/modifying the sets:

step 1: you need to reinforce the holster plate, because it is this really crappy plastic wireframe skeleton that will easily snap when you try to thread and tighten the straps for the leg.

what i did after mine snapped in 7 places, was i cut an exact silhouette of the plate from a piece of leather and glued the wireframe plate onto the leather. this really adds strength to the holster plate and will prevent it from snapping when you tighten the straps onto the figure. just make sure you either loop the straps before you glue it to the leather piece, or cut out holes for the straps in the leather so that they can loop through.

step 2: glue the attachments to the plate. dont bother fitting the magazine and pistol holsters to their designated holes/slots. they dont fit right. just cut off the male end tabs of the pistol holster and glue it onto the plate.

glue the magazine holsters as well because the fit is so loose they are easilly knocked off.

step 3: you might need to use extra 1:6 webbing from your parts bin because i found that the strap they provide for the thigh, needs to be cut in half and is not long enough.

step 4: ditch the crappy buckles because they will only break when you snap/unsnap them together/apart. use some extras from your loose parts bin.

unfortunately it became painfully obvious why they decided to ship these sets unassembled, because they probably realized how crappy the material is, they couldnt assemble it themselves without it literally disintegrating in your hands.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Do you guys have a picture of this thing? Sounds horrific and I would like to know what to stay away from. x.x Sorry it had to happen to you guys, but at least it sounds salvageable with some elbow grease and a lot of spare bits.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,115 Posts
Yes, this is Dr.Figures. It's like those knives that are copied, from the BBI Brennan figure and the HT folder. Yes they look good, but are brittle and break real easy (wrong plastic). Just like this holster apparently. Ask Viking Playground, Blackopstoys or Store-rooms and they will tell you it is the Dr.

·
Hiding behind the net.
271 Posts
I bought it too, i couldn't attach them together so i used black double sided tape. and broke off whatever that was pointing out.

Worst US$10 spent

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
I have heard nothing good about this or the Set with the Brad Pitt Likeness. I was with a friend who secured the set in trade. The holster split when he trided to put the gun inside it. the Knife has the thisckness of your average playing card...Looks impressive in pic's but of very poor quality. Didnt mean to high Jack the Thread but I couldnt find the Rev. on the fig/set. I was greatful for having waited. From what I could see the only thing of real value in the whole set was the Head Sculpt....

·
Registered
292 Posts
I took the plunge on the Dr. Figures black SCAR-L...bad, bad piece. It's made of resin, not plastic, and solvent glues DON'T WORK ON IT. The details are NOT crisp and the 'working' stock and front sight had to be glued in place with super-glue (not my choice for this kind of work.) The magazines were rubber, and are just about only useful as pouch stuffers (I put a DML C-mag in the gun)

Comparing it to the ACE SCAR-L...I would say this is a recast of it with a few changes in the accessories.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.