One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
retired firefighter
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys sounds goofy need a quick lesson on a 1/6th scale door assembly. Im working on a Ton Say prison raid and one of the figures is going to be knocking a lock off the door, doent need to be fancy, door and part of the wal, getting the idea, anyway any tips would be great

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Doors are trickier than one might think; there is very little premade that could double as locks or handles, so you might have to do a lot yourself. There are however small hinges available, but apart from that, simply measure a door nearby, scale down and cut plastic sheet or wood into shape.

If you are more of a knob person than a handle person, there are some stuff that could double as knobs like big wooden pearls for children.

·
Registered
519 Posts
A house door is 2040mm high & 820mm wide. Modern doors are made in 50mm wide variations. Eg. 720/770/820/870mm widths. Obviously a door can be modified or rode red to suit a particular application.

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts

My recommendation is to do a simple, heavy door. No handle, just a chain or padlock holding it closed. As seen from this shot of one of the cells, very simple construction is the best course of action for accurately depicting the prison.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
I'm not sure if it'll help with a plain cell door, but one source generally for 1/6 doors and windows will be the Barbie Dollhouses you can get cheap at the Salvation Army and thrift stores. Typically their tiny bits and bobs may be gone but the houses will still have their doors and windows. Windowframes can generally be used as is, or gluing in cellophane for the actual glass. Some doors may need a bit of dremeling to take off the word "Barbie" or the letter "B."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts