One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Background music:
http://prouvost.eu/fun/generiques/-...e de St Tropez (La marche des gendarmes).mp3

At the end of La Grande Vadrouille, Bouvet and Lefort fleed to Vichy France successfully. After that, they joined the underground resistance group against Nazi German. In this new episode, they are under order to back Paris to collect intel, unfortunately their activities had drew some attention of Gestapo, so eventually they were failed to go board their evacuating flight due to interference of Gestapo. So they had no choice but to flee by land: They made up to WH officer and soldier by dressing in stolen M36 uniforms and forging some fake identities and pass-permit, made their way to Vichy France. But at the last check point on a narrow pass, military police found out the IC and pass-permit were actually fake, at that critical moment, Bouvet and Lefort fire the engine all of a sudden, dropping MP on the ground and rush all the way to Vichy France......

Details of base:

Details of figures and motorcycle:

For water effect:
Below pic shows that the material I have on hand for water effect:

Started from left hand side:
1. Normal die-casting epoxy resin which is used in this particular dio: 50% resin + 50% harder, mix and stir well then cast it into mold, allow 24hrs to harden entirely.
2. This kind of material can cast out of bottle directly without any pre-mix, very convenient to use but shrinkage maybe a little bit bigger so thicker than 1/4 inch casting in single time is not recommended.
3. Melting and casting, the advantage we can take from it is can re-shape it after dryout by thermal gun.
4. This particular stuff is dedicated to produce some kind of spray effect. Cannot apply too thick.
5. Gel wax, actually I have not test it yet but I believe it can produce water effect as well.

And of course we need to seal the region air tight where we want to cast, yes, air tight like this:

Before casting:

After casting:

Attachments

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
Where to begin?! This is phenomenal in every single aspect. The expressions on each face, the whole setup and posing of everything, the construction itself - its all absolutely out of this world.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EXTREME CUSTOM....very nicely done...by the way how did you work on that water effect?..im really interested to learn that. :)
Hi, actually this artificial water effect is not as difficult as ppl think, there are loads of materials can produce different water effect:

Below pic shows that the material I have on hand for water effect:

Started from left hand side:
1. Normal die-casting epoxy resin which is used in this particular dio: 50% resin + 50% harder, mix and stir well then cast it into mold, allow 24hrs to harden entirely.
2. This kind of material can cast out of bottle directly without any pre-mix, very convenient to use but shrinkage maybe a little bit bigger so thicker than 1/4 inch casting in single time is not recommended.
3. Melting and casting, the advantage we can take from it is can re-shape it after dryout by thermal gun.
4. This particular stuff is dedicated to produce some kind of spray effect. Cannot apply too thick.
5. Gel wax, actually I have not test it yet but I believe it can produce water effect as well.

And of course we need to seal the region air tight where we want to cast, yes, air tight like this:

Before casting:

After casting:

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Downright BEAUTIFUL being french myself, it gives me really want to copy you, even if I can not have your level. Thank you for this diorama, thank you

·
SPQR
837 Posts
That is just am amazing piece and just so full of movement.You really haven't missed a single detail,everything just looks incredibly good.Special kudos for the Headsculpts on all three Figures,they set the whole mood perfectly.
Bravo good sir!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Really great work! Someone had to make this with these heads around!

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Work of art, man.

Extremely well done.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Marvelous! A mad moment, caught so gracefully.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The work really shows, the effort really paid off..too freakin' kewl..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts